PDA

View Full Version : cambre/strut top mounts thingies...

Neil.
17-03-04, 02:53 AM
sorry i dont know the name of these but their plates you put in the top of your suspension tops and it moves the supsensions tops over so you dont get uneven wear on your tyres wen car is lowered.

I knwo some people just drill two more holes 7mm over but is that safe?

Any info will be great!

Jim
17-03-04, 08:49 AM
You mean eccentric top mounts? You can get them from most motorsport distributers.

Jim

Aamir
17-03-04, 10:14 AM
If holes are drilled properly, it is safe.
It is a Steve Sanderson mod, it will work :wink: :wink:

Neil.
18-03-04, 01:09 AM
So if u drill two new holes further towards the wing will it be ok? will the middle of the suspension move further tpowards the wing side of the hole in the shell?

What do the ecentric top mounts do, do you still have drill two new holes?

As you can prob guess i dont know much.

Any info will be great!

Dicko
18-03-04, 07:44 AM
u dont drill new holes, u just elongate the original holes.
with eccentric mounts u just leave the holes as they are.

Stanton
18-03-04, 04:44 PM
how much is it across to cancel out certain amounts of lowerin?

30mm-??
40mm-??
60mm-???

and for me 90mm??

LiD0N
19-03-04, 11:06 PM
ive got a 60mm drop and i drilled the holes out 7mm

Neil.
19-03-04, 11:24 PM
u dont drill new holes, u just elongate the original holes.
with eccentric mounts u just leave the holes as they are.

So with the eccentric ones it just moves the bolt bit in the hole in the shell?

novashed
19-03-04, 11:58 PM
http://www.tas.uk.com/Nova__Corsa/images/im0626.jpg[/url]

Neil.
20-03-04, 12:18 AM
so those 2 bolts go on current bolts and the bit in middle re-locates the top?

novashed
20-03-04, 12:38 AM
strut is bolted to the middle of the mount. holes all around the edge are for the two bolts that you are talking about elongating the holes for. selecting different combinations of holes on the eccentirc mount alters the position of the strut . it adjusts camber and castor as wheels can be moved in and out or front to back, depending on which holes are used in the mount. needs to be setup properly though. i am going to use these neil, ive done the elongating hole s thing, but there is not enough adjustment scope there when the valver is in!

Neil.
20-03-04, 12:52 AM
oh, so the plate goes in from undernieth and the holes around the edge are the right distance for the bolts on top of the strut to go thru and boloted from top like normal, then u rotae it to get different set ups as u said.

Might get a set, sell em in demond tweeks for ?75. but no doubt other places will them cheaper.

Sorry for sounding so dumb.

Snowface
20-03-04, 10:12 AM
i don't think the 2 bolts on my strut are long enough to go through that plate, the actual holes and my strut brace!

Also, if u are moving the strut towards the wing won't that make the big hole in the middle (where the top of strut comes through) be in the wrong place? Do you have to drill that bigger?

And where can u get those discs/plates from Nova shed?

How much?

Ste_Nova
20-03-04, 11:01 AM
plate replaces the top mount... the bolts go in from above... yes you may have to open out the holes in the top as far as the gte/gsi top plates

as for the 7mm mod i did it on a tracking machine and it worked out at 1mm per 10mm lowered +1mm but the lower you go the less the effect is

novashed
20-03-04, 12:49 PM
those top plates are meant for coilovers only, you couldn't move a normasl strut around as there isn't the room in the strut tunnel

novashed
20-03-04, 12:51 PM
those plates are TAS ones, rallydesign do ones near enought the same i believe for much less ?. you may need to use longer bolts yes.
i believe they also have the effect of adding to the ride height so may nee to lower further, not sure though?

Ste_Nova
20-03-04, 12:54 PM
those top plates are meant for coilovers only, you couldn't move a normasl strut around as there isn't the room in the strut tunnel

yeh there is or how would the 7mm work :lol:

novashed
20-03-04, 07:36 PM
alrite maybe got that bit wrong, but the 7mm mod is only moving the strut inwards, whereas the eccentric mount alters the castor angle aswell, surely there cant be enough room for a standard strut to do that??

novashed
20-03-04, 07:36 PM
what if you wnated to move the strut say 12 mm, is there enough room for that?