PDA

View Full Version : What should i get next?

2litreturbo
16-03-04, 08:09 PM
Guys let me know what you think is money well spent.

?1000 on DTA management with mapping by velos. Price includes ECU, loom and 2 days mapping at velos inc vat.

Or

Regal 2.0 Turbo Nova Intercooler kit, cool louvres bonnet sprayed, alloy header tank, water injection, regal stage one chip, should produce 255bhp after all that with change

I would have more but i'm buying the emma a present!

Adam
16-03-04, 08:40 PM
I say deffo the intercooler kit,bonnet and all the other stuff in the second option.

cooper_nova
17-03-04, 12:42 AM
u shud get the intercooler and bonnet and that neil

then u wud have even more fun lol

oh a wot the emma????? lmao

peester
17-03-04, 01:03 AM
lol; buy a spare turbo lump. boring , but handy.

~~joycey~~
17-03-04, 02:22 AM
^^good idea^^

NovaNeil
17-03-04, 07:52 AM
Defo DTA, its a great way of controlling the engine, easy to use, reliable... You'll easily see 255bhp with the DTA mapped correctly. You also get the ability to run Launch control, and a progressive boost controller (which is very handy so you don't spin like buggery in low gears), you get to dump all the engine wiring and you can sit there with a lap top playing about.....fast & furious styleeeee..... :D .....oh and you get a nice shift light :lol:

Defo a Top buy, then you can do the larger intercooler...bonnet....etc at a later date. After your engines running sweet. :twisted: I promise you won't regret it!!!!!!

-Bruce-
17-03-04, 08:51 AM
i agree with novaneil DTA is hte better choice you will defo get 255bhp with this system!! its a great package to get mate go for it!! get the bigg intercooler later :D

Rick Draper
17-03-04, 12:19 PM
This is quite a hard one really, the EDS phase one and phase 2two kits are the best kits they do. Go for option 2 but instead of the alloy header tank get the EDS phase two kit. I am a big believer in engine management but TBH I dont really see the need for going for aftermarket management unless you are fitting a bigger turbo (Garrett T3 upwards) or you really think you will utilise all the functions on the road etc. Do you use your car day to day? Rick

2litreturbo
17-03-04, 12:53 PM
Rick, car is not a daily use car. I dont need a car during the week but i usually go out for a drive in the evening. Last night, i went out at 12:00 midnight and washed the car 20 miles away. Loves the roads when they are quite!

I must say, i love the idea of progressive boost but i was thinking if i get the intercooler and water injection first and then management later than i will only need to get it mapped once and i could then use the management to run the water injection.

I just dont know! I know the first would make the car look better as i really dont like my bonnet at the moment!.

Plus i would get a GSi bumper and fit the intercooler to that and put the other two headlights back in!

DUNOVA.
17-03-04, 01:36 PM
Go for the intercooler mate is it the same as what the other LET had in southend looks good

2litreturbo
17-03-04, 01:51 PM
yeah it will be the same but it will feed into the Regal top hat insted of into the standard turbo inlet box thing. Should give it a bit moore umph.