PDA

View Full Version : Mayonaise anyone?

Richybits
16-03-04, 03:21 PM
Hello,
I checked my oil today, wiping the dipstick etc, and ive found what i think is the dreaded 'Mayo' texture stuff. When i started there was quite a few big chunks but now theres just seems to be little bits left. But when i look under the oil cap there dosent seem to be anything there. Any ideas on whats going on? Im sure this isnt a good thing in the slightest.
Cheers

DUNOVA.
16-03-04, 04:01 PM
Take the sump plug out and take the car for a hack up the road to get the rest of the shit out :wink:

Cheese
16-03-04, 04:12 PM
Take the sump plug out and take the car for a hack up the road to get the rest of the s**t out :wink:

Errrrmmmmm :lol:

mikeyredtop
16-03-04, 04:19 PM
and the ur engine will seize!

DUNOVA.
16-03-04, 04:27 PM
ermmmmmm what in matter of 5 mins don't think so :? Thats the way me mate's dad doe's it

mikeyredtop
16-03-04, 04:33 PM
fool, no not in 5 mins, but the bearings will be wearing away nicley...if u just drain ur oil run some engine flush and fill her up again, no comments about flushing an engine with hydrolic tappets please.. and even if u do that the sludge will just come back, ule need to do ur head gasket..

Barn
16-03-04, 05:10 PM
headgasket has gone like my mate mickey said ^^^

lol, at hack it up the road. Number one way to f uck your engine.

Snowface
16-03-04, 06:07 PM
Take the sump plug out and take the car for a hack up the road to get the rest of the s**t out :wink:

And u'll have a thick trail of oil leading back to your house.

This is very bad advice.

2litreturbo
16-03-04, 07:34 PM
stu what were you thinkingoff? Next week down sounthend we'll try it on yours! sorry i didn't get to talk ta ya much on sat though.

Stuart
16-03-04, 07:53 PM
im a firm beliver in flushing nova engines :D

you can get flush oil from comma, or get a can of wynns engine flush to add to the existing oil.

never get probs with it :d

Barn
16-03-04, 11:14 PM
so what are the potential problems with doing it (flushing the engine)?

mikeyredtop
17-03-04, 09:08 AM
nothing really but it says dont use this if u have hydrolic tappets...