PDA

View Full Version : help!

TUBZGSXR
16-03-04, 07:30 AM
was on hte way to the girlfriends last nite, jsut set out wen i heard a sound like sumthin had dropped off the car, or fallen out of place, an at the same time the gear stick went all stiff an coudl realy get it in gear, an there was a loud whirring sound as i was tryin to roll into the side road, had to get the recoverry vechicle out an all that, had a look under neath an theres a crain lookin thing hangin down, i think it mite be the gear linkcage that has popped out? as hope so anyways as it wasnet realy playin up b4 this happened apart from poppin out of reverse! an ironically wen it fucked up last nite reaverse was the only gear that worked!, anyone got any ideas?
thanx
tubs

mikeyredtop
16-03-04, 09:27 AM
erm, mmm, if the rod has come off u would not be able to get any gears, it could be that selector lump on the top of ur box.. ive known that to fuck up once..

mikeoxford
16-03-04, 12:17 PM
"crane" looking object - i assume you mean like a digger?

possibly the shape of the rear engine mount you could see.

TUBZGSXR
16-03-04, 02:33 PM
yea it looks like a digger arm but smaller its also got a black rubber bit on it that looks like the rubber holder u get to hold back boxes on, looks like it was attached to the gear box by a hole on the end of it, theres a similar hole on the part that it looks to have come off of sso im thinkin that praps thats were a bolt was........

Cheese
16-03-04, 04:18 PM
Sounds like it could be the gear box mount! :o

Barn
16-03-04, 05:05 PM
:o

f uck, bad news mate

TUBZGSXR
16-03-04, 05:07 PM
yea im hopiun its just the linkage, an just needs the bolt or wotever it is thats holds it together, nuthin looks snapped or broken.. duno though...

Barn
16-03-04, 05:23 PM
could be rotted around the mounting point

:?:

2litreturbo
16-03-04, 07:38 PM
could be rotted around the mounting point

:?:

I had that on one of mine. Snapped the from gearbox mount (the half that is part of the shell) so the box was resting on the tie bar. Not, good. Still drove thoough but lost reverse and fucked the cv joint about 100 yds fom home. Had enought speed to roll onto the drive though.

LiD0N
17-03-04, 02:09 AM
exactly the same happened to me one of the bolts snapped off the rear mount.. gears felt funny to change with no reverse.. was quite hard to get the snapped bolt out of the box ended up using a reverse tap but took ages..

2litreturbo
17-03-04, 01:08 PM
hows the valver coming on, the one with bent valves?