PDA

View Full Version : nova engine 1.3 probs HELP!!!

mick.kearney
15-03-04, 08:09 PM
I recently fitted a 1.3 litre engine to my vauxhall nova (originally a 1.) The 1.3 engine had been out of use for 18 months. The engine starts and runs well but after driving 30 miles or so it starts to cough and splutter for perhaps another mile and then finially cuts out. If I leave the car for around five minutes it will start again and run fine for another 30 miles or so and then the same happens again. I have changed the carborator, spark plugs, distributor the distribuator cap and leads and also the coil also I have checked the tank breathers and they are fine. Nothing seems to make a difference.
:?:

Barn
15-03-04, 08:47 PM
carb icing ?

Adam
15-03-04, 09:12 PM
Carb icing is a possibility, ave you got a K&N or any other aftermarket air filter fitted. If you have got one fitted, then put the original bin lid back on and see if it does it then with the heater pipe connected.
If it doesn't splutter with the original on then its carb icing.

Snowface
16-03-04, 06:16 PM
sounds too bad for carb icing.

Does it do it when u let it idle for 10 mins? Hot air is inside the engine bay so u won't get carb icing.

Check ur carbrettor for dirt and fuel pump. After that it might be something to do woth ignition.

2litreturbo
16-03-04, 07:31 PM
get the mixtuer checked. sometimes, after a period of running rich, the plugs will be coked up so it will run rough.