PDA

View Full Version : BBC 1 Last Night

Anonymous
10-05-01, 10:39 AM
i watched a program last night which was all about speeding / police / boy racers / cruises.

It focussed on the cruise in the south. It made me realise why poilce are the way they are. I was actually disgusted that i was like the boy racers there. a comment made me think,

"Theres 100 yards of road, so why do you have to reach the highest speed possible" - BBC 1 Last Night.

Now i know there are some real big time cruises and i know that ian / kev / dicko / rexy / mingle / me e.t.c. dont do the immature stupid actions like that, and just talk and have a great laugh. But its so true, we are all actually quite sad. Why do we have to go fast, what are we trying to prove?

Show off to the girls?

if you go fast they wont see you.

Show off to your mates?

Well if you do that then your not worth much.

by no means do i want an argument, nor do i want people slagging me off for my opinion. im sorry for saying were are all sad. But the actual point that made me thnk was when i saw a boy racer that had come off the road, stolen car. But it made me think, if i was showing off or just generally going too fast, i may die. Leaving my family and friends.

sorry for getting all serious but i think it needed to be said.

It wont be long before one of us dies if we keep trying to have the fastest car, or the better handling car. I have had friends that have killed themselves in Road traffic accidents, and i dont want to any of you guys and galls to be the next.

thanks for reading.

Davo

Anonymous
10-05-01, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with Davo on this one, even though he declared himself mentally unstable in a previous message, where he appears to be having a conversation with himself.

We will never get all the assholes out there to slow down, those XR2 drivers are all a bunch of p3nises but we can all do our bit to improve the reputation of Nova owners, who knows it may have a positive effect on ou insurance policies !!

Which W4nker made nova's with a 49 offset !!!!!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 11:25 AM
here here Davo my son...I think it's fine to drive about normally with the tunes playin, generally just takin it easy and cruisin...

We all know that we need to boot it now and again to get that rush of adrenalin, but as the policeman said last night, "they have only got 100 yards of road so why speed down it? If they lost control (for any reason, eg. tyre blow out or summit) then they would kill someone"...true true...

Anyway, if u take it easy and cruise around, your zorst will make people look and they'll have more time to have a look at your car, and to see how nice it is, instead of just a flash flying past with an XR2 following ;)

drive safe novaloadians

[ged_bong]
Web Design 4 half the price.
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
10-05-01, 11:36 AM
lol i've not got 100yds i've got miles of m way etc to race saxos!!

as for going fast the time i save is worth more than the money!!!

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
10-05-01, 11:48 AM
i agree ,and i dont. i always think it is ok to speed in appropriate areas. i hate it when people drive down my road too fast as its quite small and potentially dangerous, so i remember this when i'm crusin around the streets, nut, when i get to areas where people are not around, i cant help letting rip and overtaking where people wont like.
now i suppose this is ok on national speed limit roads, where theres nothing to damage except yourself but through town is a debateable story. we have a duel carrageway with three roundabouts, possible speeds of upto about 80 (limit 40) but i again cant help blasting through as fast as i can, but i always get people looking at me, probably thinking 'stupid boy racer showing off', but thats NOT why i do it. i dont care if people are there or not,i'm not showing off to anyone and most often i'm on my own (coz my girl will kill me if i drove like that with her in the car) i do it coz i enjoy it.
and until i get the stage where i endanger someone else's life or my car( which i wont let it get to) i'm not gonna stop.

True, True...

Anonymous
10-05-01, 12:28 PM
Davo, long time no talk! :) I agree with everything that you said mate, there are so many idiots on the roads, and I've had my fun when I had my old cars, now Ive got a nice new one, I dont want people to look and go flash w**nker or something like that, Im me, an ordanary bloke - with an ordinary job, trying his best to make his car look nice with hard earned money...like all of you guys...its the twats that drive around 24-7 giving it welly, I admit its a habbit driving fast, but you've got to get out of it or face the consiquences of points, fines or even death! Guys, lets pull together on this one - and have a national go slow day :)LOL! Protest against all the run down ford drivers, and their pykie mates with nicked cars!!! See if the police pull as many people over then...bet they wont, and at the end of it, the nova guys might get a better reputation after it...The last bit was only a joke, but if it means a day of work...

Go in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool...I think not!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:05 PM
I agree peeps. I don't drive fast for a few reasons- 1) people think you are a tit
2) i Know too many people that have been injured in accidents
3)I love my car to bits and if anything happeneed to it i would be a little pissed off
4)I can't afford the points/fine and subsequent insurance hike.
Some people always moan that i drive too slow-especially around town- and always tell me to ramp it or speed up a bit. Thats their opinion and i don't give a shit what they think. If i wanna drive slow i will- and if u wanna race or drive like a tw*t then stay the hell away from me.
Nothing wrong with a bit of speed on an motorway/dual carriageway in appropriate conditions though.
It really angers me to get viewed as a stereotypical boy racer just because i have a sporty car with a nice set of wheels.

Rant over.
:)

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:08 PM
well ste i think everybody will agree with me here but you are stereotypical idiot that gives boy racers bad names. Sorry but thats the way it seems. Why do you have to prove that you are faster than saxos? i dont understand, maybe im too soft but frankly i would actually hate it if i was uncompassionate like you.

[naked_davo] Look she said she was 16!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:11 PM
frakly I DON'T GIVE A SHIT

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:14 PM
u dont give a shit about your life? Well i can only feel sorry for you.

do you give a shit about those that care for you?

have you ever considered that if you got into a crash and you lived, but you killed somebody else, i'd hate to be the father that tells his 9 year old children that mummy isnt coming home.

shame on you....

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:46 PM
feel sorry for me if you want but i don't care

peeps who care about me have to put up with me banger racing etc the risks involved are greater then the risks on the road

lol i've put 5 peeps in hospital since i started driving (no saxo or pug owners unfortunatly) and shock horror the crashes i have been involved in have allways been the other persons fault!!!! (pug mi16 into deers excluded as it was an act of god)
i've also covered over 400k miles since i started driving when i was 13, and have driven many different vehicles
Bikes
Quads
all types of novas
banger racing in mk2 granadas
grasstracking and rallying in novas
trucks and vans up to 7.5t
hgv up to 25t
forklifts (gas and electric)
spec lift truck and flat bed recovery truck
1 man towing using A frame
tractors (2wd and 4wd)
jcbs
90% gvw towing behind nova
and loads more
so when you have loads of driving experience then you can have a go at me

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:48 PM
which is quicker a scooby or an evo or an 850 mini

who cares all three can do 70mph!!!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:55 PM
If speed dont matter davo, why were you asking about whether an evo or scooby is quicker?
why dont you just get a little fiesta 1.1 as a company car as that 'll do all the speed limits for you davo, cos obviously you wont be speeding will you???? so you wont need an evo!

1 cup down 2 to go!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 02:04 PM
ian you are far to pedantic

Anonymous
10-05-01, 02:28 PM
bloody hell davo lost for words hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

POINT PROVEN you are a hypocrite!

i think an apology to ste should be forthcoming!

1 cup down 2 to go!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 05:41 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own oppionions!
Everything that was said in that programme goes along with what ste says he does, apart from stealing the cars etc, if people want to risk their lives let them, if not, they will be the ones enjoying driving while others cannot.

Go in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool...I think not!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 06:41 PM
how many apology requests is that now, ian?! :O

:D City City RA RA RA, Leeds Leeds BA BA BA, Scousers Scousers... where's my car? :D

Anonymous
10-05-01, 06:59 PM
bottom line here would be dont speed where its busy, dangerous etc....
and dont do it if ur a shite driver those boyz on program that crashed were knobs stole car then crashed it putting lives at risk for wot???? that type of speeding is stupid and gives every driver a bad name.

but its your choice do wot u like ur the one that gotta live with it in the end. speeding is wrong but so is stealing.

Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
10-05-01, 07:49 PM
i say thers a time and a place for everything speeding and not

if the roads dead why not?
if its busy then dont
easy peasy

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
10-05-01, 08:08 PM
i will never apologise to anybody who does not value
his / her ownlife. Ste boasts about things that should not be
said in the context. I think me and ste will never
talk, and never get on because we have differing
opinions. As for a fast car for company use, well in
honesty if you look at the date of the message posted,
you will see that it was posted before the program was
aired on national TV. and i am referring to the
program last night. It has changed my opinion some
what. Still want a car that gives me some sort of
status. An Evo / Scooby / Pug gives me that, i know
the pug is not in the same class, but its still there.
I just fanct having the capability of a fast car.

You would have also noticed that the first thread was
actually condemming cruises / boyracers that the wrong
movement of the steering wheel when doing wheels spins
could have resulted in death.

All im saying mr storey is that it opened my eyes to
the world that everybody sees boy racers as.

I will still speed, i think its fairly impossible not
to speed in some cases, like when overtaking e.t.c. I
just wanted to say we should take a step back and look
around. Look around and think why am i cheering
somebody on for wasting tyres or going really fast, i
just dont want anybody to get killed injured, or see
there efforts into there car wasted through acts of
complete stupidity.

The reason i voiced my opinion about ste's response
was because he feels proud that he has put somebody in
hospital. Thats nothing to be proud of. Maybe thats
his way of satisfying himself mentally, that he is
proud of causing physical / emotional damage to
somebody. And frankly i will never apologise to
somebody who is like that. I certainly dont look up to
him if thats what he wanted everybody to do. I cant
speak about anybody else, but if somebody came up to
you and said i have put 11 people in hospital
regarding Accidents, i would not be "Wow, thats so
cool, i look up to you so much". And i feel that is
the effect he wanted to inflict on the forum users.

So sorry ste or ian there is no apology for either of
you. If i have offended then im sorry, but i feel that
voicing my own opinions is far more important than
being a little puppy hanging off every word others
say.

thank-you

Davo

Anonymous
10-05-01, 09:38 PM
like i said the peeps who got put in hospital were put there by an accident that they caused and that they had decided to involve me in due to their bad driving/lack of sence

Anonymous
10-05-01, 10:14 PM
Like everything in life there's a balance.

Speeding ie exceeding any given speed limit is not categorically dangerous.

Driving too fast in an inappropriate manner or situation is.
30 mph outside a junior school is cos if 1 of the little dicks jumps into the road and you hit him you will likely kill him.
150mph at 3.00am in a high performance car on a deserted motorway isn't.

There is also the difference in skill levels and experience. I wouldn't advise anyone newly qualified to rag it about cos you need mileage to learn from situations so that your instincts help protect you. When you're experienced like Ste is he probably adjusts his driving without thinking about so is safer than perhaps he has made out for the purpose of this debate.
Driving slowly and always sticking to the limit doesn't mean you are safe. Think of all the dicks who tail gate at 40 on B roads and 70 on motorway. Most haven't a chance of stopping and haven't even got a clue that they are going to be an instrument of death if things go wrong.

As for boy racers and cruises, car tuning, speeding etc..it has always happened and always will. Its a male thing and to be honest its no worse than what I got upto with me snot-nosed little mates when I was young or for that matter what my old man got upto. Some people take it too far and there are often tragic consequences and its right that you decide to draw a line but you don't have to feel ashamed for everyone who races or cruises.
Easy:)

Anonymous
10-05-01, 11:22 PM
whoops looks like i missed out on alot of stuff me thinks. In reply to the original post Davo it is true and you can see why the public and police don't like us. But on these Programs they only focus on the bad points. The side of cruising that these programs show are like most things in life ruined by a small minority of idiots. As for why do we drive fast i don't know! Maybe its just being competive and as for Ste racing Saxos and that then we all do it.
Mingle

Novaload Day in court coming soon :)

Anonymous
11-05-01, 12:32 AM
bah humbug, bolox to it all, no speach on here will make sum 1 wanna change their mind, its up to them whether or not they speed, everyone has views to everything, like gettin stoned, its illigal, but fun, peeps mite not like it, but i do & i aint changin 4 no one.

Peace out.

Mark. B-)

Anonymous
11-05-01, 03:39 AM
basically.theres a small minority of twats'who want to prove how fast they are'everytime out on the road.no matter where they are'outside a school'in a town centre'in a side street!!.my opinion is.these people are wankers.as for motorways.theres even more of that sort on there.!as ive pointed drivers over to the hard shoulder many times.(of course.all have then decided not to drive up me arse) ppl who steal cars'am cunts also' i do speed.i admit to it.the odd bit of play of a set of lights.but never 80 in a 30 or any of that crap!if a kid runs out in the road.ur behind bars for a good time i say.! so theres my 10 pence worth.and anyone who disagrees.i dont care! that program also shows.why i cant be arsed going to cruises.(i admit'they can be good at times'but then the twatish element comes through'ahh well!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 09:02 AM
it seems that its the minority of fools that the police/public and insurance companies see. basically speeding in a town/city center is about as wrong as being a TWOCer. why bother to wasting yer tyres doing burn outs? what does that prove, ohh yeah that you hve lots of cash or loan to go out and get new ones coz thats always fun :)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
11-05-01, 09:58 AM
CP said my sentiments exactly, and it does seem to be the younger drivers that cause the hassle, the big problem is once they pass their test they automatically think they can drive...they can't. it takes plenty of experience to become a good driver, why do you think insurance is high for young drivers cos they are the highest risk and they do cause the most accidents, and statistics prove it.
Not having a go at young drivers but all these doing burnouts do seem to be the 17year olds too, don't see the point in it myself, and if you need oil to burnout don't bother you haven't got the power.

1 cup down 2 to go!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:30 AM
ian, i agree with you and cp. But its the minority that do affect the majority. I dont think im the greatest driver, nor do i think in the worse. i havnt been driving for a year yet, but sill no smash (touch wood). But, i disagree that all accidents are caused by young drivers, the high risk drivers are 60+ as they are not aware of the changing driving environments that only young drivers know of as they have been taught only under the new conditions.

i wasnt having a dig at ste for his lack of experience other wise i would have made an apology. i just cant see the point in focussing upon a certain type of car and trying to beat it in races. it confuses me. If i pull up next to the lights and there is a nova i may race it, but i like to accelerate up to the speed limit and keep it at that. But to some people racing is the purpose of driving its certainly not..

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:34 AM
Well, I lost two of my best mates in one car crash, and believe me it slows you down. but I admit it's an ace feeling when you get on a country road and give your car a good thrashing. Take it easy.

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:39 AM
Mr mingle commented...

But on these Programs they only focus on the bad points

I recon someone makes a video, just showing all the fun and good stuff. It might be a best seller!

---:D---*---B-)---
kev@novaload.net

Anonymous
11-05-01, 11:04 AM
To be honest I couldnt be arsed reading all these posts but the general concensus seems to be that most people here dont want to drive dangerously to show off, that is what alot of those 'cruisers' on tv were doing and that is laughable. Do those people really think that by wasting money on fucking up expensive tyres by wheel spinning that they are actually impressing anyone. Maybe some of you are impressed , I dont mean to insult anyone by saying that, I just dont get it myself. Maybe I'm too old (23). I understand wanting to look at each other's cars and stuff cos that is what we are all interested in. If it was just that there would be no probs but its not , there's always those who insist on driving like wankers. This is why I dont go to cruises.

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 11:54 AM
The only real bad thing that I could see on that program was the foookwits who stole the car and crashed it. If they are going to steal a car then they deserve to end up in hospital for months and months and I dont really give a foook what happens to them!!!!
other than that I thought the program was cool and in general people who go to cruises are more interested in looking after there cars than anyone else on the road. All I have to say is wanker salesmen in their company vectras doing 110mph down the motorway, nobody ever says anything about them!!!!!! bollox to it all!!!!

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
11-05-01, 12:28 PM
i think real speed and racing should be only done on a track, far safer,

so lets have a novaload track day!!!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 12:41 PM
Did any one tape it cos i missed it and would'nt mind c'in it.

Cheers

(')
//
//
("))

Anonymous
11-05-01, 01:20 PM
i think i should post on this forum cos everyone else has. Driving beond your capabilities is a very dangerous thing.

Anonymous
11-05-01, 02:36 PM
aiii but if your a spectator like me (no damn car mutter mutter) you have to learn to avoid cars coming hurling at you at daft speeds but as long as your driving at your own capabilities, its sorted init?? chill davo we aint gonna die if we drive as we can and not as we want to ..... .

[-redzip.gif-]
I am Micheal "Mullet" Knight!! mu ha ha ha :D

Anonymous
11-05-01, 03:39 PM
The programme only showed what it wanted you to see, iv been to southend a few times now and its nothing like that, yes its true people speed, but when you've spent ?1000's on ya engine i think your entitled to!! The "racers" they focused on are only a minority!! i think if you can handle going at speeds and have spent time and money on doing that, then its perfectly alright!!!

nuff said

- Rob

Anonymous
11-05-01, 03:43 PM
yes but some people think they can drive better than they can, this is when it gets dangerous. Also most 'boy racers' like to make other people think that they can drive better than they really can so they push the boundaries of their capabilities thus killing children and stuff. The police have a right to be pissed off with most of them.

Anonymous
11-05-01, 06:52 PM
The bottom line is we are all different.

Some do, Some dont (take that how you like)!!

But I agree with Micky - Time and place for everything!!!
now keep the peace people.

Anonymous
11-05-01, 09:55 PM
ermmm blondie to old i wish i was 23 again try reversing the number i thought i would give my view as every one else has i seen the program and again its the minority that spoil it for the rest i have been driving for 15years without an accident it comes down to ability mental and physical to avoid being put in accident situations as you all were taught read the road ahead as for you davo i can only echo your views just to add that when you have a family off your own you do change your driving its a case off when needs must and yes micky your right time and a place an all that

Anonymous
12-05-01, 01:11 PM
I can only agree with Davo on this one. I know too many people between the ages of 17-20 that are dead now because they took a corner too fast, or really thought they had enough time to overtake that car. Personally I can't see why people risk their lives, yeah I know we all have a bit of a heavy right foot at times, but some people take it to extremes. Also, I don't understand why people risk smashing their cars up when they have spent some much time and money on them, and most are people's pride and joy. For example, one of my friends bought a Pug 306, spent a lot of money modifying it, and then wrapped it round a tree killing himself and a 16 year old girl who was walking down the road at the time. My boyfriend was in the car, and had to watch his best mate die cos he couldn't get him out. Any idea what that must feel like?? He was only 18 years old. And then people ask me why I have the car I do, and don't always put my foot down? Well, the thought of my mate dying is always at the back of my mind, you can only cheat death so many times.
Sorry to be morbid, and I don't want any abuse on here cos of my opinions, I've just voicing my views on the subject.

Sky

Anonymous
12-05-01, 01:34 PM
the rules are there
they are boring
if u break em u must relise that they can break you

its all swings and roundabouts isnt it

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
13-05-01, 10:57 AM
cum on peeps,
why dont we just stick to kevs post!!!!!! and for christs sake STOP frickin bitchin, sorry to say this but i feckin sik and tired of reading all ur bitchin matches, sorry but i felt time it was said, i completely agree wiv kev, all thats ever on the forum nowadays is biach said this biach said that, i used to enjoy cumin on this site (dont get me wrong i still do but, to be quite frank i'm fed up seein all this bitchin. kev made this site for us to help each other, genralise, and get to know fellow nova drivers, he didnt make it for evey1 to bitch about each other,

wot i dont understand is, most peeps are always goin on bout h8ing ford and saxo drivers and there cars, but it sounds like u h8 each other more than them lot,

so lads how bout we try and keep the bitchin for the women to do, were men we dont do things like that, WE IGNORE IT <---- remember these 3 words, yeah!!!!!

go on let the bitchin begin on me now, cos i know i'll get it, cos of wot i said

sorry but i felt it had to be said, i know alot of peeps agree wiv me

chris :-(

;-)Novas back seats were NOT made gor shaggin ;-)

Anonymous
13-05-01, 11:59 AM
erm

:D City City RA RA RA, Leeds Leeds BA BA BA, Scousers Scousers... where's my car? :D

Anonymous
13-05-01, 02:40 PM
To be honest, i'd rather keep racing on tracks or airfields. Unfortunately i don't have ?100 free every month to do it. Yes i speed but mainly on back roads where there is a lack of pedestrians.

At the end of the day if i kill myself, thats my own fault, i made that choice but taking someone else with you is just unforgiveable.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
13-05-01, 07:59 PM
whos post x-(

Anonymous
13-05-01, 08:31 PM
i thought kev asked us to put our views here or is my homepage different to yours cossieking :D

Anonymous
14-05-01, 02:34 PM
lol

Anonymous
14-05-01, 02:48 PM
wtf i hop that wasnt made by yourself...

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]
Rexy@cruisenorthwest.co.uk

Anonymous
14-05-01, 03:26 PM
It wasnt me that made it. Someone on CorsaSport.co.uk posted it up.

Daz :)

Anonymous
14-05-01, 05:36 PM
That figures. Shall we do one with bubbles for them.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
14-05-01, 05:57 PM
wicked! lol :)

Anonymous
21-05-01, 04:56 PM
Race on the track not on the street, thats what tracks arew for. But that programme was not a nortmal cruise. he trotters turned up in force for the tv programme, they don't normally! Where as the normal cruises are fun. didn't help they went top Essex with those stooopid escort cab driving pricks.

Also without cruises maxxed would not exist!

Phill Price
http://www.maxxed.co.uk
The Cruisers Hideout

Anonymous
21-05-01, 06:14 PM
The program was made in southend I was there! when they made it.The people doing all the spins and stuff where doing it for the cameras belive me. Its not allways like that every week. Its normally a peacefull cruise. It can get a bit mad when theres loads of old bill but its like people do it in front of them on purpose. Its mostly them ford t**ts!!!