PDA

View Full Version : gatsos

SRking
15-03-04, 07:08 PM
does anybody undastand how these fcukin things work coz i may hv got dun by 1 the otha day. wot d all the lines on the road mean.

i wud much appreciate any kind of reply

Jack
15-03-04, 07:12 PM
basically they bounce radar signals off your car to determine your speed. The lines on the road are so they have a visual representation of how fast you were going (they can measure the distance you have travelled between the two photos taken and from that work out the speed)

Will
15-03-04, 07:17 PM
nice styling qn, lol

XZiBiT
15-03-04, 08:22 PM
i got done by a red light jumper the other day down s/end amberlight going to fast to stop made the commitment turned red as i passed flash flash oh s**t :cry:

-Bruce-
15-03-04, 09:06 PM
nice styling qn, lol

this is muppet lol

sayin that it should probably be in general forum

Wayne_King
15-03-04, 10:24 PM
Gatos?? there them stupid cameras on the footpath that take your picture if you go to fast arent they?

Tazzy
15-03-04, 10:25 PM
i have a Q

say you are on a 40mph road and you approach the first line at say 47mph, you then realise and slow down so you are doing about 35mph past the last line, can they still sting you for doing over the limit on approach, even though you arent exceeding out of the zone?

cheerz!

Jordi
15-03-04, 10:31 PM
the speed is taken on an average, it uses the speed u are traveling at start and end. i was told if you entered one on a 40mph road, doing 50mph, if u slowed down to say 30mph it would work out you where doing the limit or under.

I drove thru 3 on me scooter doing 50-60 on a road in wakie heading out to ossest, never got any letter or owt tho so.....

Wayne_King
15-03-04, 10:35 PM
I always slow right down when i come to the speed trap things, i've got a puch Maxi and the brakes on the fing are lethal! if you pull them to hard youll go straight over the handle bars and then got done for going above 30 miles an hour.

Jordi
15-03-04, 10:41 PM
lol, i remember when i **** stop!

Worse speed camera to get caught by are the guns with pigs at side of road, cos they can pull u over and see ure change in speed, bloody laser targets n shit.

Wayne_King
15-03-04, 10:54 PM
can they do that?

I see a police oficer standing on the sidwalk pointing a gun at me while i was cruising along on the maxi, though he was going to shoot me the bastard.

Tazzy
15-03-04, 11:14 PM
i hate those fu ck ers with those on board machines in the pandas, that can record the speed and details of every car by them, from cars in front to cars behind and cars going the other way!

a few weeks ago, i was doing about 45mph on an open road, (30 road) (i was in a rush, late for work!) when a cop car was on the opposite side, i braked at the point were i was level with him, as did he, thought he was going to turn round and chase me, but never did! oh well, so he probably didnt have one of those machines on board!

dave.gsi
16-03-04, 03:41 PM
i never slow down for cops on the other side of the road. by the time they've turned around i'll be well gone lol

~~joycey~~
16-03-04, 07:55 PM
i myself am a member of the gatso terrorist sqaud

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LiD0N
17-03-04, 02:41 AM
XZiBiT wherebouts in southend i got done by the one at kent elms corner got 3 points and a ?60 fine