PDA

View Full Version : 2l 16v + Bus

LiD0N
15-03-04, 01:58 AM
i manage to hit a bus earlier wot u think of the damage repairable? tis only the front impact that u can see.. but i cant open the drivers door..

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/lid0n/IMG_0016.jpg

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/lid0n/IMG_0015.jpg

m.d.
15-03-04, 09:04 AM
yeah easy. just get the parts that are bust. wing, headlight, indicator, bonnet and your laffing.

once you have all the parts remove the old ones and have a look at how bad the inner wing is. then the harsh part. get yourself a nice big hammer and whack everything back into shape. it may be an idea to take the other wing off the other side so you can see how its supposed to look undernieth.

once everthing is in better shape try the wing and bonnet to make sure they all fit fine. then seam seal and paint the whacked up area to prevent rust setting in.

Will
15-03-04, 09:56 AM
nice! if the door doesnt open i hope the chasis itsself isnt to bent or fooked. how did u mange to hit the bus? running 1.2 brakes or just driving to fast?

mikeyredtop
15-03-04, 10:25 AM
my old car was so bad the door was bent an inch away from shutting, and a big kink in the roof, spent 80 quid gettin it jigged and resprayed, dads a sprayer and his mate was a jigger who owd him a favour. even tho it was all repaired the chassis leg was moving around and knockin when i braked, i saw a big crack down the chassis leg which kept opening under acceleration. a plated it and wended it back up but it just ripped the plate in half so it wasnt my welding coz they stuck firm, ule know how bad the knock is by the way the tyres wear.. as ur tracking and other alighnment will be all over the show.. surfice to say that i scrapped that car is it was beond repair.. ide fix it up them sell it, and cut ur losses..

m.d.
15-03-04, 12:06 PM
never read that the door would not shut. could just be that the wing has bent into the door a little so it wont,
but as said before ive seen much worse dents than that back on the road. go to your local bodyshop and ask if they have a jig to pull it out with

LiD0N
15-03-04, 03:00 PM
got the bonnet open today and this is what i found...

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/lid0n/IMG_0022.jpg

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/lid0n/IMG_0020.jpg

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/lid0n/IMG_0018.jpg

pickle
15-03-04, 03:19 PM
thats not too bad mate, i smashed mine into a post on exactly the same side as yours and the drivers door would'nt open too. the crumple was right back to the mounts but didnt harm the mounts.It has been streightened out now and the chassis isn't bent but the door is alittle out of shape and doe's not sit flush to the quater panel. il get sum pictures of it soon, its getting its m.o.t done now having failed due to no indicators on the side and the sunstrip is too low. ( i know it sounds shit haveing a sun strip, but i think its tasteful, its black on a white car and u cant tell its there.) cost me ?400 for the body work and the labour and also the spray( not done proffesionally but looks ok til i can save up t respray it all!)

cooper_nova
15-03-04, 09:52 PM
due to the way the door has creased but the wing has stayed where it is it look to me as tho u might have some chassis damage :o

best to get it checked out b 4 u buy the parts.

hope its not chassis damage tho coz thats a sweet valver

good luck fella

j0anne
16-03-04, 12:56 AM
Matt Matt, Matt in the nova watch out for that bus. WHACK!! :cry:

mikeoxford
16-03-04, 01:17 AM
nice! if the door doesnt open i hope the chasis itsself isnt to bent or fooked. how did u mange to hit the bus? running 1.2 brakes or just driving to fast?

:oops: :o makes a mental note to stop looking at his new brakes and fit them.

sorry to see that mate :( it dosent look to good. my nova was a write off with damage like that.

that door would have taken a fair whack

BUT *touch wood* u may have got off lucky.

LiD0N
16-03-04, 01:41 AM
na they are 2.0l 16v brakes with a gsi servo.. the door only crinkled when i tryed to open it cos the wing was touching it gonna take it all off and have a look at the chasis..

mikeoxford
16-03-04, 01:50 AM
na they are 2.0l 16v brakes with a gsi servo.. the door only crinkled when i tryed to open it cos the wing was touching it gonna take it all off and have a look at the chasis..

if the door only did that when u opened it then u probly right ull be lucky and got away with it.

can u physically open the door? i.e its just the wing stopping it.

if thats the case u can be hopeful

if the door was done like that in acident and its not openable youd be VERY lucky if she was ok :(

m.d.
16-03-04, 09:35 AM
if the door creased like that when you opened the door then its almost 100 percent gunna be ok, looks like the wing just got pushed back into the door. i recon with the new parts a big hammer and some paint and you would never know :wink:

mikeyredtop
16-03-04, 10:03 AM
on the subject of busses i was over takin 1 this morning as it was at a stop, as i was hlf way past it pulled out makin me go on the otherside of the road, the driver didnt even acknowledge me and wouldnt let me in front of him. i finally got in front of him a bit bad tempered got 2 some lights and i stamped on my brakes causing him to brake he then jumped out the bus and ran after me. how annoynig is that i was just giving him a taste of his own medicen <(spelling) i thought afterward what if there was an old lady who fell over on the bus... but was till annoyed :evil:

Aragorn
16-03-04, 02:35 PM
u shouldnt have moved over

he would not have kept going if u hadnt moved - they may be arseholes and like to throw their 10ton lump of steel around but pulling outta a bus stop into a moving car would lose them thier pcv licence

you shouldve calmly stopped infront of him got out and asked him for his licence number told him your gonna report what he did etc