PDA

View Full Version : v6 nova

scott s
14-03-04, 11:56 PM
hi ppl im a old one cumin bak to this forum so hi to all... and for my first post just a quick wee q.. iv seen it done but want to know wots involved in fittin a v6 into a nova i only know of one done and thats brett rogans but i cant find any info on the conversion so any help or opinions are much appreciated... thing is i can get a v6 engine cheaper than a 2.0 that why i was concidering it thx in advanced.......

scott s
17-03-04, 11:08 PM
no one have an opinoin on this......

ydg27
17-03-04, 11:53 PM
i have seen it done and its a cram!
have no idea on ow to do it though, try asking mike oxford he seems like a bottom less pit of useful info

Aragorn
18-03-04, 01:03 AM
besides the weight issues the one problem i have heard of is the rear exhaust manifold runs streight thru the steering column - so that would require fabrication of a new manifold

scott s
18-03-04, 07:08 PM
awrite this is more like it.... so anyone else know anything... at all..

Stuart
18-03-04, 07:15 PM
it will cost you a small fortune.

and you will have to make a shed load of stuff yourself/engineering company.

scott s
18-03-04, 07:31 PM
make like wot??? mounts,shafts,exhaust...?????? a dont mind the expense so bring it on is wot i say

Rick Draper
18-03-04, 08:41 PM
make like wot??? mounts,shafts,exhaust...?????? a dont mind the expense so bring it on is wot i say

Its been done before and was proven to be shite, it was slower than a stock XE'd nova and not worth the effort. Rick

Ste_Nova
18-03-04, 08:49 PM
and to prove that i beat it at york by 0.4 sec

scott s
18-03-04, 08:54 PM
no one said i was looking for performance tho... just imagine the sound of a v6 comin from a nova and not to mention they look the dogs danngles... tho iv heard they are very tuneable with some work..

novas_suck
19-03-04, 01:33 AM
Here's an idea: BUY A DECENT CAR INSTEAD WANKER

http://www.forum.barryboys.co.uk

m.d.
19-03-04, 09:48 AM
:o
oh dear someone with no life or engeneering knowledge has turned up.
prick!!!!

Rick Draper
19-03-04, 10:37 AM
no one said i was looking for performance tho... just imagine the sound of a v6 comin from a nova and not to mention they look the dogs danngles... tho iv heard they are very tuneable with some work..

Not tuneable as there is no ones does any bits for them as they are best left in Cav's, Callibras, Vectras and Omegas. Rick

fearless
19-03-04, 12:09 PM
I had some technical input on Brett Rogans first V6 nova (He's built another one since writing the first one off !!!)

As already stated above - the main problem was the rear exhaust manifold hitting the steering rack - Brett had the manifold/system fabricated by Tony Law exhausts (based nr Leeds - well known for building works competition exhaust systems)

Other than the usual wiring problems - the front slam panel had to be modified, the o/s strut (inner wing) had to be reshaped to enable the inlet duct/air filter to route correctly, the o/s/f engine mount has to be fabricated; Bretts runs F16/F20 gearboxs which don't last very long !!!

Although its different in a nova, and sound great - I'd stick with a decent spec C20XE

Dave

scott s
19-03-04, 04:38 PM
awrite mate thanks that was the kind of info i wanted... and i do have a decent car for ur info my nova is just a ongoing project to wast money and time on.. oh and im no w**k PAL OK so get ur info correct b4 openin ur mouth coz i might get u into bother one day......

m.d.
21-03-04, 04:48 PM
just ignore those people who come from barryboys.com just a bunch of loosers with nothing better to do

-Bruce-
21-03-04, 04:55 PM
:o
oh dear someone with no life or engeneering knowledge has turned up.
prick!!!!

nice 1 mate thought this was very funny :lol: :lol:

m.d.
21-03-04, 07:27 PM
you have heard of the too then lol