PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 TD rev counter

LukeManic
14-03-04, 10:39 PM
Hi, can i just say first what a great community this is. I've been reading this forum for days and am enjoying it :)

Right so its my turn to pick ya brains, I have recently just bought a 1.5 td nova and the only problem i currently have with it is that the rev counter does not work at all. All other dials are fine. Just wondered how easy this would be to fix and what i would need to do.

Thanks

Adam
14-03-04, 10:50 PM
Well firstly Welcome to Novaload, hope you enjoy your stay.

For your question firstly try removing the dials and having a look at the connection at the back of the dials. Look for any breaks in the wires, i think the rev counter wire is green.
If all seems fine at the dash end just make sure that the plug is plugged in firmly.

Next you will need to check the engine end of things. But i ain't too familar with the diesel engines, so you will have to wait for someone else to help you who is familar with the diesel engined.
If it was a petrol engine i could help you.

Just try the dial end of things firstly though.

LukeManic
14-03-04, 11:01 PM
ok, thanks for that m8 ill take a look at that 2morow - hope its not a big job to take apart :P

Adam
14-03-04, 11:08 PM
Its not too difficult,
there is a guide on how to remove your dials on here:-
http://www.nova-land.com/

Just go to the interior how-tos, and then go onto the lockwood dials installation guide, the first few steps should tell you how to remove your dials. The guide is or SRs, but it should be the same for the diesel.
It is probably just a loose connection somewhere.

LukeManic
14-03-04, 11:14 PM
excellent thanks for ya help! All post back and let you know how it went :wink:

Adam
14-03-04, 11:50 PM
Any time mate,
keep us updated

ydg27
15-03-04, 08:34 AM
if the dials are ok check the connection on the alternator is ok, mine rubbed through on a hoseclip and shorted out :roll:
stripped down dash for nothing

The Bitch
15-03-04, 04:53 PM
:roll: When I got my 1.5TD the rev counter wasnt working, all i did was touch the dial and it started working. It was easy to take the cover off. :lol: