PDA

View Full Version : PAUL HETHERINGTONS nova turbo spotted in my town?

karl Rowntree
14-03-04, 06:20 PM
Was out yesturday in my town centre Sutton Coldfield and noticed a blue nova with black speedlines on, i thought i new the car from somewhere but didnt think anthing else about it.

Anyway went up to stoke last night to andy b's and got a phone call from a friend saying it had been spotted racing up town down landor street. Had a look on here at the turbo section and its paul16v's old nova.

I thought this car had been stripped?

Anyone off this site now own the car?

Also on the way back from stoke i passed a mint nova number plate K42 ---, was red with grey alloys. Again i know the number plate but cant picture where i have seen the car.

Fester
14-03-04, 06:32 PM
I saw it in Lancaster as well :lol: PM'd the guy who just bought it but he said he was looking to sell it because of the insurance, so it looks like it's ended up down your way

scott.parker
14-03-04, 06:36 PM
can you put up a link to the car if it is on here then,this way we can look at it..

scott :)

Fester
14-03-04, 06:41 PM
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1318

Breeny
14-03-04, 06:46 PM
That cars had more owners than Ive had hot dinners.. lol

4 at least in the last 6 months

karl Rowntree
14-03-04, 06:50 PM
Looked mint! Hope the lad looks after it, though it wont last long if hes racing up town. Each to there own i guess.

Going slightly off topic, scott got your message mate the astra sounds like a good buy. Go and have look and if the engine feels good then i would snap it up.

P.S iwill buy the interior off you if its in good nick mate

scott.parker
14-03-04, 07:29 PM
karl Rowntree:
Go and have look and if the engine feels good then i would snap it up.
sweet will do mate..

oh as for the car in the topic i think it looks well nice,allso looks alot like chris's form coventry..well apart fome the wheels.

scott :)

XZiBiT
14-03-04, 07:34 PM
im on the lookout :o

?Marty?
15-03-04, 01:58 AM
do you lads wear anoraks and carry notepads whilst out 'spotting' ? lmao

djp_y2k
15-03-04, 05:06 PM
Cars mint. Wouldnt mind that.

Tilly
15-03-04, 05:17 PM
im sure it was at cheltenham cruise bout 2 weeks ago as we had a biggy down here. If not there someone with a similar one

Ric 16v
15-03-04, 05:24 PM
I know the lad that had this car (paul) it was from up here (penrith, cumbria) and is very nice and very, very fast 150 mph easy apparently he is trying to buy it back, missing the speed I think

novacabrio
15-03-04, 08:06 PM
car was built by a lad called dec for sunderland, goes buy the name gsidecturbo on mig, he sold it to paul to make way for a scooby wrx type r, then paul got banned I belive and sold it, was well quick but had problems with the boost I belive?

Gsidecturbo
15-03-04, 08:09 PM
used to b my old car. i sold it to paul to fund my scooby type r

karl Rowntree
15-03-04, 08:38 PM
Nice car dec, thought it was owned previously by someone else. Thought you had broke the car for parts originally mate?

Seems like its having quite a hard life now, quite a few of my mates have spotted it normally flat out i think. Hope the kid doesnt reck it, or himself.

Gsidecturbo
15-03-04, 08:59 PM
i used to love that car. i am currently thinkin of gettin rid of my scooby and buildin another nova turbo laods more fun. i thought bout breakin the car but i cudnt bare it so i sold it cheap. wish i had kept it now

Rick Draper
15-03-04, 09:31 PM
i used to love that car. i am currently thinkin of gettin rid of my scooby and buildin another nova turbo laods more fun. i thought bout breakin the car but i cudnt bare it so i sold it cheap. wish i had kept it now

Dec trust me stick with the Subaru! Bet its twice as reliable! Rick

Gsidecturbo
15-03-04, 09:34 PM
yeah rick but gettin 200 miles to 36 quids worth of jucie. or 140 if i drive it hard :o

novacabrio
15-03-04, 09:35 PM
I'm never going back to another vauxhall or a nova

was what dec said to me a few month back!!

karl Rowntree
15-03-04, 10:45 PM
Damn nova's, addictive little things! Ive tried to sell mine twice. I get to the point where someone is intrested and i back out.

No matter how much of a good idea it is at the time you regret it after, dont know anyone who hasnt, (Rick) :wink:

dan_mk1
15-03-04, 10:49 PM
I'm never going back to another vauxhall or a nova

was what dec said to me a few month back!!

lmao, i know what id prefer!

krobinson
15-03-04, 10:50 PM
Same things happened with me.. Nearly had mine sold a few months back, incomplete. Was depressed with having no job and didnt see an end to the spending, and couldnt see it finished!

Had an offer of 2500 without engine, which i thought was pretty damn good for an engineless car, but nowhere near what i'd spent. I nearly broke down n cry'd, then e-mailed the guy telling him its not for sale!

Now the end is about 3 months away, and i cant bloody wait :D

Keith

karl Rowntree
15-03-04, 11:20 PM
Ive got that way with mine over the past few months keith. I got to the point where i had to go back out to the garage and put the new bits i had got on the car just so it looked half complete again, even though ive got to take it all back off to put the engine back in. You need to be able to see where the car is going to keep you intrested ive found.

When they are stripped it looks alot worse than it is and its hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, but really when you have everything to hand its not much work. And they are great fun when finished :wink:

novacabrio
16-03-04, 08:56 AM
It is very frustrating when your cant see no progress, try telling me it isnt after 2 1/2 years with the spider!