PDA

View Full Version : HELP valvers mount and tas mount

djp_y2k
14-03-04, 03:45 PM
Have any of you guys used both of these.

The problem is the offside engine mount. When the two are bolted together they catch on the chassis and I cannot get them to line up with the holes which bolt it to the chassis.

How have any of you lot done this. Not sure if I have all the bits or just being a bit thick. :oops:

padge
15-03-04, 12:25 PM
Im havin the same trouble cus of the chassis strengthing kit and the plate i got welded on. we ended up grinding off part of the metal insert in the engine mount rubber so the bolt would sit flush to the rubber. also i drilled one of the holes on the chassis mount bigger. Trouble is when the engine mount is on and tightened up, it seems to lift the engine about 1 1/2 to 2 inches above where it was originally, so i cant fit me strut brace and bonnet!, could you see if you have the same trouble?

djp_y2k
15-03-04, 12:42 PM
I get you, but dont see why it should lift the engine up that much.

Thats how much it should be lowered by.

Are you using the top hole of the valvers.com mount to bolt the tas mount.

padge
16-03-04, 02:24 PM
yeah im using the top hole of the valvers engine mount and even with the TAS mount on the end of the threads, it still lifts the engine too high up, looks like ill have to weld an extra bit on the valvers mount to allow me to drop it that extra inch. what i dont understand is how other help have fitted them?