PDA

View Full Version : Help!

zola
10-03-04, 11:28 PM
Can someone please put me out of my misery. Basically I've recently put Konis on my GTE which is also dropped 60mm. I'm worrying that I'm causing damage to the shocks when not using poly bushes? Should I get these?

XZiBiT
11-03-04, 06:12 AM
yes if not for just peace of mind!!

2litreturbo
11-03-04, 10:42 AM
NOT abosolutely essential but they are worth the money.
go to www.deflex.co.uk

much cheaper for the same thing

Gazza14SR
11-03-04, 12:11 PM
bit of a thick question here but i dont know so ill ask, what are poly bushes/their use?

2litreturbo
11-03-04, 12:21 PM
they are the same as standard bushes but they are much stiffer so the whole car feels much stiffer.

They will make the steering and suspension feel firmer. You can also get poly engine mounts so high powered engines as they give less movement.

For the small cost of these deflex bushes, i would highly recomnend them plus you dont have to fit them all at the same time. You can do a piar whenever you have 10 minutes

Gazza14SR
11-03-04, 12:37 PM
they are the same as standard bushes but they are much stiffer so the whole car feels much stiffer.

What are the 'bushes' and where are they?

cheers

2litreturbo
11-03-04, 12:44 PM
they are all over the car where two metal parts join and a certain amount of flexibility is required or vibration may be encountered. You will find them on the tie bars, anti roll bars, wishbones, suspension tops, radiator, engine mounts, rear axle, anywhere like that

zola
11-03-04, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the help people

Cheers