PDA

View Full Version : OFFSET for new alloys

kevlar_ljm
10-03-04, 04:35 PM
Would anyone be able to tell me the offset required for my new alloys?

Corsa B Merit 95

Ive read a mixture of 42 - 49mm for both nova/corsa

Would it make a difference if i put 205/50 15 with an offset of 38, or would they stick out too much being this wide?

Thanks for any help

Nick
10-03-04, 05:54 PM
-49mm is the correct Vauxhall offset. You can stray to as much as -40 i'd say.

I have -42mm Fox racing wheels - 195/45/15 on my nova

The previous car who had them had 195/50 tyres on, and they rubbed badly on the arches.
My wheels hit the rear arches with fat bastards in the back.

Now with my lower profile tyres and rolled rear arches, and a drop of -40mm allround they miss the arches on the rear, but hit the front arches.

is ure car a corsa or a nova ? i presume you mean corsa.

Corsa's look daft with wheels cos they allways seem to stick out. -38mm and 205 width will stick out too much i think. But i'm no expert

try and get nearer 49mm, as this is correct vauxhall offset ! The more you stray the more money you'l be spending on Rolling arches/special tyres/replacing arches/rust

kevlar_ljm
10-03-04, 06:07 PM
Ahh thankyou.
Yes its a corsa, nothing great.
Ive been looking on ebay for some cheap alloys and it's hard to find anything with an offset this big. Most people selling dont even know.

I may have to settle with something less wide because i just know they would end up sticking out too much. Would you say anything wider than 195 is too wide?

Your 195/45/15's still rubb the arches on your nova?
Would they rub on a corsa? I thought these would fit ok.

Thanks

Aragorn
11-03-04, 12:28 AM
tire width is largely irrelevant

most alloys are 6.5 or 7" wide and either of those on a corsa on et38 is gonna suck ass

u want 45-49mm on 6.5" rims - if your talking to a seller on ebay the offset will be stamped into the wheel on the inside

best bet for dirt cheap alloys is a set of 4 stud vaux alloys off an astra or cav as these will fit perfect with 195/45r15 tires

Snowface
11-03-04, 06:28 PM
u want 45-49mm on 6.5" rims - if your talking to a seller on ebay the offset will be stamped into the wheel on the inside

or behind the centre cap.

Nick
11-03-04, 11:06 PM
also i forgot to mention, the more you stray from -49mm, the worse your handling will go

mine is quite scary at times with -42, and when you brake hard it railroads n tries to go off in a set direction or it squerms. i presume this is cos the wheels have so much surface area, and are wider apart that they grip on every deformation of the road and try and go in opposite directions

Jack
12-03-04, 09:20 AM
mine is quite scary at times with -42, and when you brake hard it railroads n tries to go off in a set direction or it squerms. i presume this is cos the wheels have so much surface area, and are wider apart that they grip on every deformation of the road and try and go in opposite directions

lol you think that's bad try mine, et38 on -60mm

on bad surfaces the car goes everywhere (except where you want it to :lol: )