PDA

View Full Version : Creaky clutch n pedal ?

Nick
09-03-04, 10:45 PM
Hello, i have a J Reg Nova 1.2 luxe

My cluth pedal began to creak when i was learning to drive n i left it , the pedal went incredibly heavy and jumpy and the cable was about to snap so i got the cable replaced !

Problem solved, nice new light and smooth clutch for about 3 days.

Now the pedal/cable has gone creaky and is getting heavier slowly.

There is also a Creaky squeeking sound coming from the actual clutch, tried duck oiling it but it's coming from inside the clutch. The creaking from inside the clutch i believe, is causing the cable to deteriorate, any ideas !?

Also if i put my car in second or third gear and take my foot of the gas, then boot it so the car jumps forwards, it makes a Sueeky rattling sound from the left hand side somewhere, same noise if im slowly rolling through a very rough car park !? Just has the car lowered and new springs. Can i jut lube my shocks up ? it could be them ?

It makes a similar sound when i load the alternator with everything on a cold day, but why would the alternator belt squeeking be heard suddenly when i boot it in 2nd !?

it sounds like my car is a very large hamster ! and that gets me no cred !

cheers nik

Nick
09-03-04, 10:49 PM
Maybe my squeeky creaky sound that occurs when i boot it and make the car jerk is related to the clutch squeeky sound !? but why would it make the same sound when im rolling across a rough car park slowly !?

thnx, try and understand my car makes alot of Creaking noises, just hope yu can work out which one is which ! lol

mint nova, shame it's such a gerbil

xX NoVaBoY Xx
09-03-04, 11:39 PM
Whats a nova without a creaky clutch,mine was doin same mate i was just adjusting it then one day it was ok and the cable can get caught up the back of the shelve well mine did anyway.

Austin_Nova16
10-03-04, 12:57 AM
Try oiling the pivoting joint on the clutch pedal.

m.d.
10-03-04, 11:14 AM
this works really well. i did it on the last nova i had and it got rid of it for ages

Barn
10-03-04, 12:47 PM
tighten your alternator belt to get rid of the nasty squeek when you put the alternator under load.

Nick
10-03-04, 05:47 PM
yer i'l get all belts tightened/changed, my fan belt is squeeking at times.

i'l try oiling clutch up, don't think it will work tho

the hamster has been alrite today, can't stand it for much longer tho !

XZiBiT
10-03-04, 06:32 PM

its the bushes that vaux use they creak after about 6 months from new

Stuart
10-03-04, 06:42 PM
i use grease, much better at long term silencing lol

spank75
11-03-04, 03:14 PM
All vauxhalls do it mate. Even my brand new corsa sri. Just the way they are!!!

sri2004
11-03-04, 05:25 PM
i like my squaky clutch! reminds me of an old blue LX cavalier taxi from when i was young!