PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing noise from front Left wheel !?!?!?!?!

Nick
09-03-04, 10:36 PM
When i go round a right hand corner, i get a rubbing/grating sound coming from the left hand front wheel

I've checked the wheel and tyre and it isn't rubbin against anything, no signs of rubbing on the tyre. the sharper/faster i go round a corner the louder it gets. A mates golf also does this

My front tyres are about 3 days old !, and it did it before hand on my other wheels.

My wheels are ET 42 FOX 5's, 195/45/15

It didn't do it when they were first on but i had a nasty incident with a kirb on the front left, wasn't looking, but the tracking wheel balancing has just be done and was pefrectly spot on !?!?!

is this a common problem or do i just put up with it !?

Adam
09-03-04, 11:02 PM
Sounds like a wheel bearing could be going. Jack the car up and grab the wheel and try to pull it towards you. If there is much play in it then the wheel bearing is knackered.

Or it could just be something like your brakes rubbing slightly, check the wheel first though.

Barn
10-03-04, 11:32 AM
yeh most likely a wheel bearing mate

get it sorted...

it can be a pain in the ass job to do

All the best

Dpnova
10-03-04, 01:19 PM
seized front brake

Nick
10-03-04, 05:48 PM
it's deffo not seized brake. I got Astra GSi calipers and pads/disks on it and it still does it now, and before the brake change

XZiBiT
10-03-04, 06:29 PM
bearing

nova_rally
10-03-04, 07:15 PM
I have the exact same problem and have just put up with it! I noticed the other day that if you're braking and keep you foot in the exact same place on the brakes then turn, you feel the brakes fripping a lot harder, and ads soon as you straighten up they let go. Something VERY dodgy there I'd say.

So it's either something brakes related or it's a bearing....

Alan