PDA

View Full Version : WHERE DO YOU STAND

scott.parker
08-03-04, 11:29 PM
If you have no back seat's in your car when it comes to MOT time do you need to remove the rear seat belt buckles?
just a thought...would be nice if ppl who have none could tell me how they have got on.. thanks

scott :)

mikeoxford
08-03-04, 11:53 PM
why would you want seat belts if you havent got seats anywya.......?

Ben
08-03-04, 11:55 PM
If there fitted they have to perate, if there not fitted you dont need them.

Chris_W
09-03-04, 12:05 AM
When I had the Turbo I took it all out, just got an advisory on my MOT saying rear seats were missing! lol

Chris

Tilly
09-03-04, 01:08 AM
ive just had my mot done nothing on certificate anywhere about rear seats being out

?Marty?
09-03-04, 02:49 AM
depending on the year car was registered in, if you have a rear seat, you must have seatbelts in good condition.

If there is no seat, well... you can do what you like.

XZiBiT
09-03-04, 06:02 AM
mines a b reg :!: no rear seatbelts :lol:

2litreturbo
09-03-04, 09:17 AM
yeah like people say, no rear seat belts required if no rear seats. You can leave them in if you want but i cant see why. They shouldn't even give you an advisory. Otherwise they would be advising every two seater that it has no rear seats.

It's bollocks, it like getting an advisory for have four wheels!

"Oh shit, has someone stolen my rear seats then, oh the buggers, thanks mr mot officer, i never would have noticed that!"

Chris
09-03-04, 11:02 AM
you get an advisory to cover the back of the tester. If you go for MOT with only two seats, it passes then two weeks later you put your rear seats back in and you are involved in an accident and the rear seat belts didnt work and someone got killed the police would go straight to the tester and he just produces your pass and advise sheet and says "it was a two seater when i tested it" otherwise he would be in the shit

Chris

Philsutton
09-03-04, 11:58 AM
mine went through without a mention to the lack of rear seats but they did get me on loads of other gay things .

2litreturbo
09-03-04, 12:46 PM
you get an advisory to cover the back of the tester. If you go for MOT with only two seats, it passes then two weeks later you put your rear seats back in and you are involved in an accident and the rear seat belts didnt work and someone got killed the police would go straight to the tester and he just produces your pass and advise sheet and says "it was a two seater when i tested it" otherwise he would be in the s**t

Chris

The police would not go back to the tester. EVERY mot has a disclaimer saying that the mot does not gaurentee that the car is roadworthy. It only means it met the minimum requirements on THE DAY OF THE TEST.

But i do see your point

Chris
09-03-04, 02:45 PM
you get an advisory to cover the back of the tester. If you go for MOT with only two seats, it passes then two weeks later you put your rear seats back in and you are involved in an accident and the rear seat belts didnt work and someone got killed the police would go straight to the tester and he just produces your pass and advise sheet and says "it was a two seater when i tested it" otherwise he would be in the s**t

Chris

The police would not go back to the tester. EVERY mot has a disclaimer saying that the mot does not gaurentee that the car is roadworthy. It only means it met the minimum requirements on THE DAY OF THE TEST.

But i do see your point

a testing station in my village had their license revoked because police pulled over a land rover with wheels protruding from the arches 2 days after the test. The owner said it must be right its just been MOT'd the ministry were called in and license gone. One of my good friends had an accident and the police investigating went to the garage where he had the work done asking loads of questions about the car.

Chris

Philsutton
09-03-04, 02:56 PM
purplenova wrote:
Chris16v wrote:

Chris

But i do see your point

a testing station in my village had their license revoked because police pulled over a land rover with wheels protruding from the arches 2 days after the test. The owner said it must be right its just been MOT'd the ministry were called in and license gone. One of my good friends had an accident and the police investigating went to the garage where he had the work done asking loads of questions about the car.

same thing nearly happened to me to do with my excessive noise levels of the car, they were going to take away the mot station license because id only just had it mot'ed but turns out there is no official law against sound levels.

Chris
09-03-04, 03:09 PM
"the noise level should not be excessive for the type of car in question"

so really it is the testers decision

Chris

Philsutton
09-03-04, 03:27 PM
exactly this is the arguement we had, they wanted to class it as astandard car but it isnt. Why not class it as a race as i take it goes on the track every now an then. But it is just an opinion and the the testers opinion of the tester was not the same the police which lead to and argument.

Snowface
09-03-04, 06:39 PM
marty, how do u manage to get away with nipples in ur sig? lol.

epo
09-03-04, 07:35 PM
mines a 2 seater the tester never said fcuk all
also never tested my harnesses 2 make sure the buckles worked
said my exhaust was loud but not gunna fail it on that
it was how ever writen down

"Unable to inspect boot due the large amount of chequer plat coverin it"

scott.parker
09-03-04, 07:47 PM
well thanks for all your tips was just needing some advice on it..
i still have the belts in but no seats,it hellps to keep my tools steady..lol
but will all be out soon.

epo
09-03-04, 07:54 PM
what do u do scott???

scott.parker
09-03-04, 08:00 PM
im a joiner mate,working in the exhibion trad at the mo..normally in the work shop then on site,at N.E.C or like last week at Earls court london.

2litreturbo
10-03-04, 10:44 AM
the MOT is very gray. Like number plates. Now you need your logbook to get one made. MOT's will be getting more stringent.