PDA

View Full Version : my car will start/drive this week!!!

dan16v
08-03-04, 09:06 PM
all my car needs now is 1 turbo to intercooler hose fabbing! should be being bent this week for me! then it can be fired up!!

finaly! had a few probs with it but Rich from mig got stuck into it and had it completed in 1 day bar the above pipe work and a new fuel pump! :D

oh i also need my front brakes!!, any one heard any thing from godspeed?
dan

Rick Draper
08-03-04, 10:05 PM
Sounds good dan, about time really :lol: :lol: :lol: Rick

2litreturbo
09-03-04, 09:45 AM
PICTURES!!!!

dan16v
09-03-04, 06:17 PM
cant get pics m8 car is in oxfordshire! cant be bothered to go up ther and get pics!! :lol:

karl Rowntree
09-03-04, 06:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing your car finished mate, it been along time coming judging by your previous posts and it sounds like you have had your fair share of problems.

Good luck! :wink:

Karl

Stuart
09-03-04, 06:50 PM
hes got pics of his nads nailed to some board though if thats any help lol (they were taken by his sister :s )

dan16v
09-03-04, 11:13 PM
had to throw that one in there didnt you bitch!! :lol:

TWAG
10-03-04, 07:21 AM
Finally hey dan! Hopefully should have mine running this weekend to, were have to have a rolling road day when there both finished.

Rick Draper
13-03-04, 08:51 PM
So you got it now then dan? Get some pics up. Rick

dan16v
14-03-04, 12:00 PM
yes Rick shes home! :D brilliant job! runs realy nice with no down pipe on :lol: Rich done a brilliant job on it price didnt change even tho he had to buy me x2 samco 90's and loads of blue vacum pipe!. 3 probs tho, engine manegment light is on, and i only have 5/6mm fuel lines when i need 8mm? oh and i cant get reverse! :roll:

mike sri took some pics last nite ill get him to post them!
i was abit of a bad boy last nite coldnt help but potter it up my road then give it a quick blip of the throttle and hear the dump valve :lol:

:twisted: 3 weeks till my t3 set up is here aswell! :twisted:

Rick Draper
14-03-04, 12:10 PM
Sounds good dan, who is the T3 coming off? Rick

dan16v
14-03-04, 12:25 PM
coming off the bloke i bought my phase 3.5kit off!
hes trying to sell his whole engine that i want :twisted: its basically a wp max engine! has 87mm j e pistons, spray bars etc etc, fully worked head, and its never been used!! and hes buying an evo now so its for sale!
i want the bottom end but he wont split it!
the engine has the t3 im getting,

T3 garret and -31 actuator from a 2wd saphire cosworth, reconned 500miles ago with recipt

courtenay manifold (cast) :cry:

all oil feeds and gaskets ready to bolt onto a let 8)

rekon there will be much clearence probs? to me the courtenay manifold looks a nice design as it keeps the turbo realy nice and tight to the block

Rick Draper
14-03-04, 12:49 PM
Dan clearence shud be fine, only problem might be with the actuator foweling the rad. Have you thought about getting a KKK hybrid off ATC? His are supposed to be very good and TBH it would probably flow a lot more air than a T3.

One problem i can see with the courtenay manifold is the fact that all the runners are still of unequil lenght, especially the difference between cylinders 1 and 4. Rick

dan16v
14-03-04, 03:27 PM
ive spoken to atc and he said most kkk's are on there last legs at 320ish? the T3 set up is supposedly able to run 350bhp all day long< atc quote!

yup bout the manifold would that mean no4 piston could get hotter than the other 3?
atc want me to run a rst manifold but to me it seems like it sticks out realy far? :?

dan16v
14-03-04, 06:19 PM
sorry about my shite digi cam these were taken in my garage with lighting! bay is still abit messy

http://uploader.co.uk/images/complete.jpg

http://uploader.co.uk/images/complete2.jpg

Rick Draper
14-03-04, 08:09 PM
ive spoken to atc and he said most kkk's are on there last legs at 320ish? the T3 set up is supposedly able to run 350bhp all day long< atc quote!

yup bout the manifold would that mean no4 piston could get hotter than the other 3?
atc want me to run a rst manifold but to me it seems like it sticks out realy far? :?

Dan i dont for one second think the RST manifold will fit into a nova, there is very little option for a manifold. Not sure if Graeme can supply KKK26's as Vmax and EDS say there new range of these are good for 400ish bhp, very nice turbos IMHO. If you want a garrett dan Graeme is selling a nice T34, seems like a better choice imho. Rick

dan16v
14-03-04, 09:05 PM
yes Rick i was going for that at first, he proposed a t34 with rst manifold (that i didnt want) for ?900. i may go for some thing along those lines at the end of the show season, but for now if he says the T3 can run 350hp all day long then that will suit me, idealy i want 60hp of nitrous aswell but i dont want to go to mad with no spray bars, so the money ill save from the t34 ill use to get water injection, which imo would be a wiser decision than blowing my money on a turbo that my bottom end isnt suited to, and in turn blow the fook out of my pistons :lol:
but yes in an ideal work where jet skis dont cost you ?????? to re build id go for the t34 every time!
now tho its the manifold which im stuck on!!