PDA

View Full Version : BRAKES

Anonymous
16-05-01, 02:47 PM
sorry this is technicalish post but it aint a question.

i was talking to a very very good mechanic yesterday who has worked with all sorts of machines, rally cars high perfomance machines off road beasts etc....
he told me that through experience that if you pressure bleed ur brakes using the peddle and u put peddle all the way to the floor while doing it u wreck seals on master cylinder as u turn them the wrong way round :) hence wrecking ur master cylinder and this is probably the reason y vaux brakes are prone to be so bad. :-/
so if u bleed brakes get a proper kit, like a hydraulice kit which uses spare wheel air and is very easy to use.
u will regret bleeding the brakes by engaging the brake pedal as far as it goes as hes had to put many a new master cylinder on a nova/vauxhalls for the above reason. so if you use brake pedal to bleed brakes just press the peddle half the way down not all the way while bleeding brakes.

thought this would be a useful thing to post for you all. pls comment if uve already heard about this.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
16-05-01, 02:49 PM
if its true, its very useful, as Im fitting a new master cylinder and servo on sat coz my brakes are poo !

count to 10, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10. You cooked her 9's !!!!!

Anonymous
16-05-01, 04:13 PM
no probs doing it on mine just don't ram the peddle down too fast

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
16-05-01, 06:38 PM
wish the green one had uprated stoppers and rear discs lol
see above post

Micky@novaload.net :)