PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel

Anonymous
25-08-00, 05:51 AM
Recently I bought a new Raid steering wheel .Trouble is i cant get the standard SR wheel off, I've loosened the centre nut and left it on a couple of turns as directed but there is no budge in the wheel ,I've tried every thing besides breakin the steering columb???????

Anonymous
25-08-00, 08:17 AM
If you go to your local car accessory shop they should be able to supply you with a steering wheel puller that is designed especially for Vauxhalls. Cost about ?10 - ?20.

Anonymous
25-08-00, 08:48 AM
alternatively place your hands behind the wheel and hit it with both hands at the same time, make sure it is at the same time or youll knacker the column

Anonymous
25-08-00, 09:39 AM
They are a bastid to get off!! I've got a GSi dash to go in my motor, but can't get the s-wheel off to put it on. The cheapest thing to do is o go down to a local garage and get them to take it off with their tool, and then put you new wheel on in their garage. Any half decent garage shouldn't mind aslong as you slip them a fiver
!!

Anonymous
25-08-00, 06:37 PM
spray plenty ov wd40 arond the nut, loosen it a few turns and bring your seat forward, then use the footwell to push against so you can pull on the wheel. it helps if u rock the wheel from side to side as u pull so it can free the taperd edges. DONT TAKE THE NUT OFF COZ U WILL SAMCK YOUR NOSE A BELTA!