PDA

View Full Version : Details for belgium/Nurburgring trip

karl Rowntree
05-03-04, 06:44 PM
Details for Belgium/Nurburgring trip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well finally got round to booking the ferry today for the trip to the belgium treffen.

I have booked to sail on the 11am Sea France ferry on friday 30th April, total cost was ?129 with an open return though all the times are fairl flexible. Most of the pvg which are going over for the show will be going on that ferry so the plan is to drive in convoy up to the site in belgium. Stay there until sunday then a drive down to the Nurburgring.

I have booked to return on Tuesday the 4th May so i think the plan is to stop off at spa aswell on the way back to calais which should be fun!

So get booking guys and hope to see a few faces on the way over.

P.S just got to build the car now as its in peices!!

Karl

DUNOVA.
05-03-04, 06:47 PM
I'd love to go on something like that would be a laugh and good fun.
When is it?

karl Rowntree
05-03-04, 07:58 PM
Going over on the friday (30th april) to belgium were the show will be until sunday 2nd may. Then on to the nurburgring on the monday then spa on the tuesaday and home. Good way to run the engine mods in :lol:

Stuart
06-03-04, 12:22 PM
hmm if im still out here i might pop down to n?remburg then :D hee hee

NovaNeil
08-03-04, 12:27 PM
Cool....
When you say return Tuesday as well as going to Spa... I take it its going to be late Tuesday night. So I better book Wednesday off work?!
I shall purchase my Ticket soon :P

2litreturbo
08-03-04, 12:46 PM
mate have you got the following details?

whats happening about accomodation? or are you staying in tents?
how many miles are you looking at covering?

Friday - Travel to belgium
Saturday - ??????????
Sunday - go to nurburgring (whats there)
Monday - stay at nurburgring????
tuesday - travel home via spa (whats happening at spa)
wednesday - back to work???????

Can you fill in the blanks?
This is the first i have heard of this trip so any details would be great.

thanks

Neil

Ben
08-03-04, 04:26 PM
The actual Treffen shgow is on the Saturday i belive and the Nurnburgring is a Track, very famous one at that.

XZiBiT
08-03-04, 05:08 PM
sounds cool :lol:

novacabrio
08-03-04, 06:57 PM
If i remember right I got a price from p&o of ?78 leaving friday lunch time, and coming back sun night,

karl Rowntree
08-03-04, 07:50 PM
Glad to hear you will be coming over with us Niel, though dont leave it too late to book the ferry mate as i think there will be quite a few going over on the 11am one. Would be good to all go in convoy. Last time we went we had a convoy of about 40 cars and all the locals came out on to the streets to welcome us!

As for details mate, they are as follows though all are guessing :lol:

Leave friday from dover at 11am, arrive calais and stop off at eastenders for the duty free booze! then travel in convoy up to the show site, probably arriving at approx 6pm. I will be camping for thw whole of the trip just because i like ruffing it but some choose to stay in hotels.

Will be staying at the show until sunday afternoon then take a slow trip to the nurburgring, which is probably the most famous race track in the world as well as the most dangerous! Its 14 miles per lap!!!! :twisted: and only costs 14 euros each. Also has various other activities to do there. Stay over at the ring over night, again i will be camping. Then run the track on monday.

After that i am not sure what the plan is. Will be following the rest of the png europe regulars. The plan i think is to go on to spa after the ring, weather we drive down monday night or go tuesday morning i am not sure.

The plan depending on track time is to run at spa aswell, so Niel i would book wednesday off mate as you will feel like shat full stop.

Last time me and andy did it, he didnt drop me off until 11pm then he had to drive up to stoke, so dont expect to be back to early.

It is up to individuals what they do over there and how long they stay. I have outlined what i will be doing along with the usual group of guys that go over for the treffen.

Ohh and god knows how many miles it is! say a couple of thousand just to be safe

Karl

2litreturbo
09-03-04, 08:36 AM
If i remember right I got a price from p&o of ?78 leaving friday lunch time, and coming back sun night,

It depends how tou book it. The longer you stay, the more it costs!

So if you book it to travel out on friday and return tuesday, it costs 136.30.
But if you book two return tickets, the first travelling out friday morn and returning fri night, and the second travelling out tue morn and returning fri night then that only costs 68.60 in total.

So you would only use the OUT part of the first ticket, and the RTN part of the second ticket.

Barn
09-03-04, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear you will be coming over with us Niel, though dont leave it too late to book the ferry mate as i think there will be quite a few going over on the 11am one. Would be good to all go in convoy. Last time we went we had a convoy of about 40 cars and all the locals came out on to the streets to welcome us!

As for details mate, they are as follows though all are guessing :lol:

Leave friday from dover at 11am, arrive calais and stop off at eastenders for the duty free booze! then travel in convoy up to the show site, probably arriving at approx 6pm. I will be camping for thw whole of the trip just because i like ruffing it but some choose to stay in hotels.

Will be staying at the show until sunday afternoon then take a slow trip to the nurburgring, which is probably the most famous race track in the world as well as the most dangerous! Its 14 miles per lap!!!! :twisted: and only costs 14 euros each. Also has various other activities to do there. Stay over at the ring over night, again i will be camping. Then run the track on monday.

After that i am not sure what the plan is. Will be following the rest of the png europe regulars. The plan i think is to go on to spa after the ring, weather we drive down monday night or go tuesday morning i am not sure.

The plan depending on track time is to run at spa aswell, so Niel i would book wednesday off mate as you will feel like shat full stop.

Last time me and andy did it, he didnt drop me off until 11pm then he had to drive up to stoke, so dont expect to be back to early.

It is up to individuals what they do over there and how long they stay. I have outlined what i will be doing along with the usual group of guys that go over for the treffen.

Ohh and god knows how many miles it is! say a couple of thousand just to be safe

Karl
mate, sounds like it'll be fcuking awesome trip!
would love to go
have a good one :+:

2litreturbo
10-03-04, 10:53 AM
Glad to hear you will be coming over with us Niel

Karl

mate i would so love to come over. But the missus is giving me real stick about it. You have no idea how much i want to go. I'f i didn't live with the missus i would have come but i cant leave her alone.

I even checked the ferry times and prices and took the time of work.

karl Rowntree
10-03-04, 06:50 PM
Book your tickets, put a blind fold on her and tell her you are taking her to paris! Via the Nurburgring of course :lol:

2litreturbo
11-03-04, 08:53 AM
you dont know haow hard it was to convince her to come to pv2004. I dont stand a chance with this. If we break up before the date, i'll meet you on the ferry! lol

karl Rowntree
11-03-04, 07:00 PM
Lay down the law! tell her your going, brake up, job done :lol:

Glad i am single, the only person i answer to at the mo is my mom and thats only to say i will be back for dinner.

Maybe see you there then mate :wink:

scott.parker
11-03-04, 07:33 PM
I really wanted to come to this one but it looks like i might have to say no due to the fact i have to go to Ireland on my mates stag doo at the start of april,so i think i will be leaving my self short of money..10 lads stag doo,beer strippers all in a week!!.. :lol:

Thats about ?550 at least.. :lol:
so dosent look like ill be joining you all...

scott :(

krobinson
11-03-04, 07:56 PM
Damn, i'll just be getting my engine back from its recon/rebuild at the end of april! I guess thats me out of the question for this year!

Its looking good to be ready for the middle of june, so PV is also out of the question! Unless i sort myself out with a loan.. lol

Have fun guys, and take plenty of pics!

Keith

2litreturbo
12-03-04, 08:50 PM
mate the 11 oclock sea france is booked so i will prob be getting the 10:30 p&o ferry. Looks like i will prob be coming.

Sleeper
12-03-04, 11:46 PM
Lol going to be a mad...weekend karl dont think will be able to make the nurburg............got to be back to work ......mmmmmmmmmmmm beer and the fine ladys.................

Sleeper.AKA Spankee

2litreturbo
13-03-04, 01:14 AM
YEP I'M DEFINATELY COMING
I am going over on the 10:30 p&o crossing so i will have to meet you the other side

karl Rowntree
13-03-04, 01:16 PM
2litreturbo, glad to hear it mate! You put the missus in her place then :lol: Whats your real name by the way? Will have to get intouch nearer the day and arrange to meet up with the group. Doubt you will miss us though, should be a fair few on the 11am ferry.

Spankee, glad to hear you are coming mate, you on the 11am ferry? Would be good if you could make the nurburgring, more the merrier!

2litreturbo
13-03-04, 06:15 PM
ok, new plan. I will be coming over with everyone on the friday but probably be leaving sunday afternoon.

We have come to a compromise!

2litreturbo
14-03-04, 09:11 PM
sorry guys, plans have changed again! I wont be coming. It is mean street on the saturday night and i've spent ages getting my car ready for the competitions. Plus it's not as far as belgium. Really would loved to have gone but only remembered about mean street tonight, Will be up for something later in the year though,. Keep me posted!

NovaNeil
25-03-04, 12:41 PM
Just brought my Tickets for me and two mates, (Oli... You met him at Bassets Karl when i was there (1.6 16v On TB's) Me obviously and my mate Dan in his Kitted Hydraulic Civic (I know I know its not a Nova, but he just wants to come for the crack and race round "The Ring".
We could only get the 9:30 Sea france ferry, so we'll have to wait for you at Calais... and we'll all be staying till Tuesday. It cost ?125 for one of those 5 day return things.

See you on the 30th everyone thats going.

Neil

karl Rowntree
26-03-04, 07:32 PM
Niel, glad you are booked up mate it should be a scream :wink:

I will be leaving brum at about 6am with andy b and mark beeson, do you think you will be leaving earlyer than that mate? If not fancy a convoy down?

You heard from adam recently? is he booked up to go?

Karl

NovaNeil
29-03-04, 12:20 PM
Yeah might just do that mate.... Any idea how long it takes to get to Dover from Coventry? I've never done it before..... 2 Hours maybe?

Adams defo not coming.

What you doing about insurance abroad and breakdown cover?

karl Rowntree
29-03-04, 07:11 PM
Think its going to take approx 3 hours mate, though will plan better near the day. Best to get there early though as its a nightmare once you hit the m25.

I am allready covered to drive in europe, check that with your insurance mate. And breakdown cover, i am a member of the AA so will give them a call and take out 5 days cover. Its not cheap but well worth the money. I think it costs approx ?20 per day though i might be very wrong. Will book that soon and let you know.

Karl

Sleeper
29-03-04, 07:43 PM
we paid 77.58p for the crossing sailing out 9.15 back sunday we are going to pop to the hyper market to stock up on goodies first before heading of to the show.... :D

Sleeper AKA Spankee