PDA

View Full Version : astra trip computer

m.d.
05-03-04, 05:41 PM
i was looking at a few of the cars in the features and ive noticed that a few of you have used the fuel trip computers from the astra dash. how easy is this to wire up and what will i need to get from the scrappy when i get one.

the MFD if that makes more sense

geordie_racer
06-03-04, 09:58 PM
very easy to fit, all you need is the display the plug that fits it with a bit of loom attached and the temp sensor from behing the passenger side of the bumper

got a wiring diagram somewhere aswell will try find it.

chris

LiD0N
06-03-04, 10:11 PM
would be intrested in doin this aswell.. any more info/pics..?

geordie_racer
06-03-04, 10:57 PM
pics info on what? i have a wiring diagram and ill have you can see a pic of a standard display here

http://www.pvdnet.co.uk/images/mtech/MTID%2004%2001%2092.jpg

thats a bad pic but thats what the display shows as standard.

chris

m.d.
07-03-04, 01:22 PM
ideal mate. if u could find that diagram it would be ideal

also does anyone know how much they come to from a scrappy. (ish)

ydg27
07-03-04, 01:31 PM
i bought one for a fiver, would love to fit one in my car, is it easy

geordie_racer
07-03-04, 03:19 PM
very easy is only 12 wires, hardest part is getting it to look right in the dash. will sort hat diagram out when i finish work

chris

ydg27
07-03-04, 03:40 PM
sound

geordie_racer
07-03-04, 11:37 PM
one wiring diagram as said,

Astra Color - Nova Color - Function

Red - Red - Permenant Live

Blue - N/A - Temp Sensor, connect this wire to the blue wire on the sensor

Brown - Brown - Earth

Blue/White - N/A - Temp Sensor, connect this wire to the blue/white wire on the sensor

Black - Black - Switched Live

Grey/Green - N/A - Display Illumination, i didnt connect this as i don't want my display dimming when the headlights are on, if you want the dimmer to work connect to a nova green/grey

Grey/Black - N/A - Display Illumination, i didnt connect this as i don't want my display dimming when the headlights are on, if you want the dimmer to work connect to a nova green/grey

Brown/White x3 - N/A - Radio, this is to do with the radio displays only works with a standard vaux stereo so leave disconnected

Black - Black - Tells radio ignition is on

Red/Grey - N/A - Used to display radio information on standard vauxhall stereos.

Thats all the wiring it takes, as i said the hardest part is getting it to go nicely into the dash.

chris

ydg27
07-03-04, 11:49 PM
thank you sooooo much!!!!

m.d.
08-03-04, 08:50 AM
yeah deffo thanks for that

ydg27
11-03-04, 05:05 PM
what is the red and blue for??

geordie_racer
12-03-04, 10:28 AM
the red is a permenat live the display uses this to remember the time same way a stereo does. the blue and blue/white are for the temp sender behind the front bumper which it uses to measure and display the temperature.

chris

ydg27
12-03-04, 01:07 PM
on mine there is a red/blue wire and i havent got a clue at what it does.

just fitted it though and it works and looks mint, i will get some pictures up when i replace the bulbs and turn it blue along with my digi-dash, i am also installing 2 sensors, one in the boost pipe for charge temp and one behind the front bumper for atmospheric, using a toggle switch to go form one to the other :D

can an air fuel ratio meter be fitted to a diesel??

geordie_racer
12-03-04, 03:18 PM
ydg are you just wiring the boost guage up to the temp sender wires and a switch between the sensors or have u actually wrote i2c software to interface the boot reading because otherwise it won't display propery. what pin number is the red/blue wire and ill find out what it is for you.

chris

Ste_Nova
12-03-04, 03:27 PM
red blue goes to the digi speed sender

ydg27
13-03-04, 12:38 AM
i am putting a switch between 2 temp sensors, one in the standard place (behind front bumper) and one in the boost pipe measuring boost TEMP not pressure

should just be simple wiring, i will take piccies and post