PDA

View Full Version : DTA Enginemanagement on LET

2litreturbo
05-03-04, 11:40 AM
Does anyone have this set up?

I am looking for a basic cost of the ECU, loom and a bas map that will get the engine running. I can map it 90% myself

Any help greatly appreciated

NovaNeil
05-03-04, 12:39 PM
ECU is ?550 and Loom costs ?300 odd from QED.

Does the LET have Variable Resistance Potentiometer? As in its not just 0V then 5v at full throttle like a GTE/GSi Nova.

Does the LET have a crank speed sensor? (Sorry im not to clued up on LET's)

As for the base map, you'll just use one thats most similar to your engine... I think theres some on the DTA website.

2litreturbo
05-03-04, 01:04 PM
does it use all the existing engine sensors?

Will
05-03-04, 03:43 PM
ECU is ?550 and Loom costs ?300 odd from QED.

?550 + vat ?648 AFAIK make the loom yourself.

*********Hijack removed******* cambridge

agree with hijack posts! tis a newbie but hes prob realised how it works already!

back to topic, Rick where are you any gen on DTA for a LET?

2litreturbo
05-03-04, 03:52 PM

What? :o

Rick Draper
05-03-04, 04:14 PM
I spent months looking at engine management for my LET engine, there is not a lot to choose between them all as i was looking at the top end ?1k+ setups from DTA and Autronic. Graeme at ATC won in the end and i brought a Autronic setup off him, the reason for this is he has the most LET knowledge with programable management in the UK. Dan16v looked at DTA and one by Dave Andrews called ........ and neither would estimate the BHP difference the management would make and neither cud even supply a base fueling map as a starting point for the LET engine and would require to borrow the car for a day to run it on there rollers to map it all. Graeme on the other hand will supply a base map, and then spend a few hours fine tuning it to your car. Rick

2litreturbo
05-03-04, 04:23 PM
Rick, do you have some contact details and how much did you pay?

thanks a lot

Will
05-03-04, 04:39 PM

What? :o

yer ?646 for the EXP48 exu from DTA, that along with little bits you need and getting it mapped and running right and if you had to buy a loom your looking at a grand, thats what put me off for me 1600 but still a possible.....

Will

NovaNeil
05-03-04, 05:20 PM
Can anyone answer my Question about the LET engine out of interest....

DTA can be brought for ?550 Including VAT.... Thats what I paid...

The trouble with the DTA is like Rick said... Unless you can find someone who's already got a similar MAP you'll have to pay around ?400 to get it fully mapped on a capable Rolling Road.

All in it cost me about ?1500 to convert to DTA (Including full remap) but I had to have many bits Fabricated for it (ie: Cranksensor and trigger disc) and I had to buy a Ignition pack and change my Throttle Body, plus I needed a MAP Sensor.

So my advice would be to go Autronic as it will be cheaper... Plus they've done the LET before so its tried and tested. Having said that, if you can find a DTA map for the LET then maybe still look into it. Have you been on the website? www.dtafast.co.uk

Rick Draper
05-03-04, 06:04 PM
The autronic i have is the top spec on, it cost ?2090 for the setup and you have to make the loom for it! Mine has everything i need, launch and traction control, water injection control, switchable boost level everything you would want. It isnt cheap but Rob Fairbrother on mig is selling his setup, its brand new and is up for ?1500. Rick

2litreturbo
08-03-04, 11:34 AM
Velos motorsport do the DTA EXP48 ECU for ?647 and the loom for ?150.

Rick, is there anyway you can let me have a copy of your fueling/ignition map? i know it is a differnt management system but if you can give me a hard copy of the data, i can enter it myself. aswell as the spec of your engine. I would sort you out for the inconvenience

Stuart
08-03-04, 06:23 PM
lol asking for maps is rude, hey charles ;) lol

it depends on how the map is resolved, eg the autoronic might have a greater resolution than the DTA (well i belive it does lol) so the data will be a slag to convert etc

just diy and take some time doing it. its really not hard, although i can charge like it is lol

Rick Draper
08-03-04, 08:34 PM
Velos motorsport do the DTA EXP48 ECU for ?647 and the loom for ?150.

Rick, is there anyway you can let me have a copy of your fueling/ignition map? i know it is a differnt management system but if you can give me a hard copy of the data, i can enter it myself. aswell as the spec of your engine. I would sort you out for the inconvenience

I will send you the base map if you want, its more of a definate map though as its got the fueling set to my injectors, bosch 363's, fueling for a roller bearing turbo and a few other functions. Rick