PDA

View Full Version : digidash queries!

duN-OVA
04-03-04, 08:47 PM
http://www.vauxnova.co.uk/digidash/digidash.htm
if you have time to read this!!!!!!!!
then it says about connecting up the new sender about 3/4 of the way down, it says that the ecu will think that you are doing 160 for example when you are actually doing 80mph!
i take it that you have to install the OLD sender unit from the astra gte where the dash came from OVER THE TOP of the old one?
and connect the wires from the gte sender to the original ones so both the senders are connected to the same wires? this doesnt make sense to me!
i think that when i buy my 2.0 nova, ill get one with it already installed!
but do i need to check that it has been installed correcrtly for the purpose of the C20XE ECU?
help appreciated from all you 12v electricians out there!

XZiBiT
04-03-04, 09:04 PM
the old sender from ie...a 1.2i may work on some didgy dashes but the speed will read double the actulal speed if you use the transducer from a astra gte then you must remove the old sender and put in the astra gte sender you can only have 1 sender connected its not rocket science!!!

duN-OVA
04-03-04, 09:09 PM
http://www.vauxnova.co.uk/digidash/digital9.jpg

explain this to me then!!!!!!!!!

XZiBiT
04-03-04, 09:19 PM
the top pic is the old sender the wires go into the ecu you remove the old sender and put in the astra gte sender join the wires to there corisponding colours ........thats it ive fitted 3or 4 didgy dashes to mk1 and mk2 novas its easy mate as long as you got the sender and both plugs!!!

duN-OVA
04-03-04, 09:29 PM
cheers mate!
i take it that you mean the 2 plugs that plug into the dash itself!?????
does it fit straight in? including the screw holes line up? or is any modification required?
1 more thing, do you know how to wind the milage back so that i can put it to the correct milage of MY engine rather than that of what car it came out of?
aloso, whats a transducer? (i must sound really thick!)

XZiBiT
04-03-04, 09:43 PM
lol you do mate right 1st off go here www.nova-land.com they have the best guide for fitting a didgy dash you will have to mod the dashboard to get the diggy to fit mk1 loads mk2 not a lot at all infact all you gotta do on the mk2 is bend the two metal strips that the old dash bolted to away about 2cm thats it the transducer is the electronic sppedo cable that was fitted to astra gte's :lol: