PDA

View Full Version : FAO anyone with Corsa MPI fuel pump in a 1.2 tank...

Neil.
03-03-04, 12:30 AM
fitted mine today and with the pump obviously being a tad bigger it was a tight squeez, anyone else's like this or did it go in easily and propperly?

Chris S
03-03-04, 11:42 AM
I used a veccy V6 1 i think, i had to trim the top and bottom of it to fit it all in

LiD0N
03-03-04, 01:35 PM
yeh i had to trim my vectra 2.0 16v one down as well.. i think the vectra pumps are all the same but might be wrong

2litreturbo
03-03-04, 01:38 PM
quick question, why are people fitting these vectra pumps? is there something i dont know?

Neil.
03-03-04, 06:16 PM
how do u trim it down?

Aragorn
03-03-04, 10:42 PM
purple: the 1.2i pump is rated to a low gph and low pressure

its not ideal to run a valver and certainly not a let off the 1.2i pump

they may well work on a valver but the pump will eventually die due to the excess load

for a turbo u run the risk of melting things...

the corsa/astra/cav/cally/vectra in tank pumps are much more suited to the job

Neil.
04-03-04, 01:36 AM
aragorn i dont think purple noav was on about why are people not using the original pump but why the vectra ones, i think he agrees with changing it. I might be wrong tho.

And can anyone tell me what they mean by trimming it down and what bit they trimmed?

2litreturbo
04-03-04, 09:42 AM
it's ok. question answered. I was wondering why people were ditching the original nova pumps.

But Aragorn, there in one point i would like to make. The fuel pumps are running constantly. If the fuel is not required, the the pressure regulator opens and sends the fuel back to the back. So how would it overheat if you had a valver fitted?

Chris S
04-03-04, 11:58 AM
I used the veccy pump because, the veccy's have an intank pump, it was alot easier than trying to make an external 1 fit

Aragorn
04-03-04, 12:14 PM
your probably right but the pump has to fight against the regulator

the if reg is set to 2.5 bar then the pump needs to generate 2.5 bar before the reg will open

the pump was only designed to generate .7 bar and so it will be working against the fuel in the lines already trying to bring the pressure upto 2.5 bar

Ste_Nova
04-03-04, 12:47 PM
But Aragorn, there in one point i would like to make. The fuel pumps are running constantly. If the fuel is not required, the the pressure regulator opens and sends the fuel back to the back. So how would it overheat if you had a valver fitted?

cause it's pushing agianst a 2.5bar reg... thats as good as kinking a hose pipe... try blocking the return on a 12.i and see how long the pump lasts