PDA

View Full Version : cna any body tell me

maxpaine
01-03-04, 07:37 PM
can any body tell me in other words waht this is "put a camshaft in it!! and get the head skimmed, gas flowed while it is off." i'm not relating this to my language.

Stuart
01-03-04, 07:44 PM
well "put a camshaft in" is referring to replacing your existing cam shaft with a "reprofiled one" which means to fit say a fast road, or rally or track spec camshaft which alters the engines behaviour to give more power in different rev ranges

to skim a head

to have material removed from the Cylinder head in order to clean/level and increase the compression ratio of it.

gas flowing is the process where you remove material in key places in the inlet and exhaust ports of the cylinder head. this improves the air flow through the engine and subsiquiently give more power

maxpaine
01-03-04, 07:53 PM
gracias because here put a "camshaft in it=arvore de cams", "head skimmed=recteficar a cabe?as", gas flowed=modificar injectores cabe?as etc.
You dont know the name or brand of a good cam for a nova/corsa A 1.3?

Stuart
01-03-04, 08:02 PM
ahhh a spanish/porto person lol sorry didnt quite get what you meant about the "language"

Kent and Piper are the normal brands in the UK

a Kent AST2 tends to be the most popular with the 1.6/1.4 people using webber twin 40 carbs

maxpaine
02-03-04, 12:03 AM
yes but i have a 1.3 and im not spanish but portuguese theres a lot of diference RRRRRRR:P
that brands have to this model and can you put the home pages.arigato