PDA

View Full Version : tyres

dave.gsi
01-03-04, 07:16 PM
is it o.k to run 16's on the front and 14's on the rear?

is that legal. :?

it'll only be for a few days

srs1
01-03-04, 07:19 PM
cant see why not. as far as i know, when it comes to mot's the rear or the front wheels have to be the same width. i had 185 on front and 175 on rear, and past every time.

XZiBiT
01-03-04, 07:59 PM
im sure as long as the fronts are the same and the backs are the same dont matter on size :roll:

Stuart
01-03-04, 08:05 PM
personally id run the bigger ones on the rear for stability reasons

dave.gsi
01-03-04, 08:52 PM
lol, the rears dont fit under the arches :roll:

there 7.5inches wide on a 38 offset :o :lol:

its just at the moment my front tyres look like slicks lol

cooper_nova
01-03-04, 09:03 PM
dave as far as the law and mot goes as long as u have the same size rims and tyres on the same axle then ur ok. thats why space savers are supposed to b used as an emergencey to get u home

hope this helps m8,

dave.gsi
01-03-04, 10:45 PM
thanx, as i say it'll only be for a few days untill i get my days off then i can go to kwick fit and get shafted nicely for some new ones :lol:

cooper_nova
01-03-04, 10:49 PM
lmao@ sh1te fit ur better off going to ats or chesington tyres m8

nova.pimp
01-03-04, 11:06 PM
ey up mate. i work for kwik fit. bmw's run wider on the rears dont they. so that aint a prob. and some classics run an inch bigger on the back so that aint a prob. so as long as you keep the same sizes on the same axles it aint gonna matter for a couple of days. and if you do manage to be arsing about and get pulled, they do you if the tyres are bold so make sure they aint! hope this helps. :)

cooper_nova
01-03-04, 11:09 PM
soz m8 we had aload of complaints from ppl who had got ripped off at kwik fit in tonbridge kent, and came to us at ats and were mad, probh different in ur area tho

nova.pimp
01-03-04, 11:15 PM
yes mate. we've got a good rep in our area and work well with ats and britannia. you get centres like that up and down the country but very few like mine that actually help customers. no offence but i cant see it matters where i work, i was just passing on a bit of my knowledge. hope i'm not hated by anyone who thinks i'm a rip off merchant. :?:

cooper_nova
01-03-04, 11:20 PM
tats ok m8 i din't know u did work for kwik fit and soz if i offened u, ur right it don't make ne difference where u work i wasn't impying that soz if that waz the impression i gave

Ben
01-03-04, 11:51 PM
lol i would never go to any major chain tyre fitters and get my wheels attacked by a 16yr old wannabe mechanic with a liscence to rip you off.

nova.pimp
02-03-04, 12:22 AM
no mate i didnt think you was having a go and neither was i mate. so no offence taken from us both. sorted. as for 16yr old tyre fitters there aint any. and i've got one of the best machines in the industry. i did some 20's for a merc SL. 8.5j front and 10j rear running some serious rubber. brand new kahn's and guess what? not one scratch. but if i didnt work in the trade i would worry about some idiot bending my rims. :!:

SKoob
02-03-04, 12:24 AM
I took my car to get a middle pipe for my exhaust, and they wouldn't do it because it was too hot from me driving it 10miles to the nearest quick fit :o I was pissed off and then I asked can ya check the tracking please, thats was a nono because it was lowered :| I mean wtf my little local tyre place is so much better

nova.pimp
02-03-04, 12:29 AM
thats down to customer relations again. i would of done it. yeah a hot pipe takes a couple of mins to cool. wheres the problem. as for the tracking its hard to track a lowered car because the camber is all wrong but it can be done. if you got the experience. i worked sunday and had six modded cars in and they all got worked on. come to my depot next time! :D

SKoob
02-03-04, 12:50 AM
lol bit of a treck from wiltshire to lecs :lol:

nova.pimp
02-03-04, 12:53 AM
i know mate. its just about finding the right place. but you said you've got a small garage that does bits for you so maybe thats it. your car will never grace a kwik fit depot ever again! lol :lol:

RJM25R
02-03-04, 08:46 AM
I know people in Oldham who travel 80-100 miles to their garages of choice.......

It's wrth the trek if you find the right people to work on your car, i reckon...