PDA

View Full Version : Paint job!

broony
01-03-04, 01:53 PM
Just wondering what you all think? Went to a bodyshop and asked what sort of price the guy would take for a complete respray and weld new arches in.

He said that he'd take ?500 nothing dearer. You think thats a fair price?

Oh and my mot runs out soon which im not looking forward to!!

peester
01-03-04, 01:58 PM
yeah ?500's sound as long as you know he/she'll do a good job. is he stripping it; removing windows/panels/interior the lot for you? stripping the old paint off for you? preping-rid of rust/dents etc? nova is a small car so its never really gonna be lots of paint/labour; money to spray one.

broony
01-03-04, 02:15 PM
Well he does do a good job coz hes done a few jobs for my mates. I know that he repairs dents chips etc but dont know about the windows and that.

What do you think i should do first, get the car painted then put it through its mot or the other way around?

olly55
01-03-04, 02:28 PM
other way round coz if the car turns out to b rusty fukekr underneath then u can scrap it if its bad or then let the bodyshop bloke know that hes got to weld in new slam panel / sills or watver maybe fukkd

Jim
01-03-04, 04:19 PM
One thing I've lerant is you get what you pay for. I spent ?600 on a partial respray and it was s**t! It all depends on the sprayer though, he may genuinely be very good and very cheap.

Jim

broony
01-03-04, 04:54 PM
I certainly hope so! If hes cheap and does a good job then great! I have been recomended to go to him so ill have to wait and see.
I'll let you all know though!

Riggy
01-03-04, 04:56 PM
i shall be finding out for myself over the weekend payin 200 for 2 wings a door and 2 bumpers sprayed but his work does look good

kase1983
01-03-04, 05:04 PM
thats cheap, i had a quote of 2000 for a respray for my gsi, and said i had to strip it! and that was origanal colour nothing fancy..