PDA

View Full Version : ICE Problem...

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:16 AM
I know this should be in the ICE part, but I need an urgent reply, sorry...

The problem is this - Ive got my new amp which is a 4 channel 1000w amp wired up to my pioneer 12" 500w sub in a box.
But there is no bass!!!
There is lots of clear sound - just no bass!
Ive played around with all the other things like the bass control etc, but nothing happens!
Will it make a difference if the speaker wires running from the sub to the amp are on the wrong feed on the amp, i.e the positive going to positive and negative to negative, as there is simply no bass, lots of clear sound - no bass...
Also, being a 4 channel amp, would running just one sub on it be okay? Its got 2 lots of rca inputs, but currently Im only using up one, is this right?....Or do I need an adapter that splits my 2 wires into 4...

The wiring to the amp is fine, and I know the sub works as my old amp ran it fine, but decided to blow up!

Is it better to run just one sub on stereo or mono (bridged)?

Any ideas as to why there is no bass?
There are no 6x9s or anything running from it either, just one 500w pioneer sub.

Should I get more subs, but that wouldnt give more bass would it, as Ive got none at the moment, only on full full volume!
Any one else had this problem and know a cure?

Thanx in advance,

Cris.

Go in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool...I think not!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:31 AM
dont answer it !! wrong forum! this aint no emergency. unless you need bass to live?

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:34 AM
Of course I do!!!!!! No, Im going on a long journey away from my tools so I need this sorted ASAP before lunchtime...

Go in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool...I think not!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 10:42 AM
Ian...oh iiiiiiaaaan...what is your opinion on the matter?!?!?!

[ged_bong]
Web Design 4 half the price.
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
11-05-01, 11:15 AM
what have you got against micheal barrymore's swimming pool anyway. Is there a lack of bass so you'll die?

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
11-05-01, 02:06 PM
*cough* saxo owner!!!!!!!!!

right forum next time! X-(

(so theres 2 reasons why not to answer)
(3rd being i know nothing on ice)

1 cup down 2 to go!

Anonymous
12-05-01, 12:29 AM
Without wanting to sound like im taking the p**s haave you checked the hi/lo pass filter?

Anonymous
12-05-01, 12:56 PM
Ok, i think i might know. If its a four channel amp, it should have 8 output connectors, 4 for rear, 4 for front, whichever RCA u have connected to the input u must use the same for output.
The Subs connect differently to speakers and i think u have connected it as u would a speaker!
Setup:-
The sub amp should b set on mono!
Connect 1 to the positive from the positive on 1 rear speaker and the negative to the negative on the other rear speaker output!
If u have connected them to the same speaker output it wont work as it's not briged!
If ya get stuck post again when i havent got such a bad headache!!
D
i
c
k
o