PDA

View Full Version : Do one thing and unearth many more problems!!

hendrix
01-03-04, 12:12 PM
Fitted some lowering springs 2 my SRi on the weekend but only managed 2 get the front ones on cuz it started snowing so now it looks like a metro :o !! wuhoo! Anyway when i had the wheel and suspension off i noticed the cv rubber split all the way round and that the brake disk moved about loads. The screw that holds the disk in place has sheared off and now the disc is only held on by the caliper :evil: . Next thing i noticed was that the sill had almost rotted through. Just annoying how you do one thing and it unearths loads of problems especially when ur skint!! :roll:

DUNOVA.
01-03-04, 12:20 PM
Always the way mate!Ive had untolds go wrong in the last couple of weeks :cry:
CV boot not to much of a problem as for the brake when you tighten the wheels back up it should be fine my old car did that and never had no problems.
Hope you get it sorted mate :wink:

a2lt16v
01-03-04, 12:27 PM
the brake disc cannot move with for big wheel nut/bolts through it can it now. :lol:

DUNOVA.
01-03-04, 12:34 PM
^^^What I was thinking The retainging screw is just to keep it in line with the hole's! Is'nt it :?:

epo
01-03-04, 07:27 PM
u got my old sr sorted yet andy?

dave.gsi
01-03-04, 10:55 PM
cv boot isnt much, brake disc isnt really important. new sill is a bitch lol (expensive too)

hendrix
02-03-04, 09:57 AM
nah that Sr wont start at the mo (flat battery) and its still stuck in me grans garage. Me gf aint got no money 2 learn 2 drive so its just sat there!! Someone tried robbin it and set the alarm off but me gran didnt hear it so it was goin off for like 4 hrs so flat battery. no damage 2 the car though. only thing ive done to it is put a GTE grille on

epo
02-03-04, 09:01 PM
asif theivin bastards :evil: