PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 To Mk1 Been Done Before?

darren
29-02-04, 10:00 PM
Just curious if anyones done/heared of anyone who's done the conversion from Mk2 To Mk1?

Im half way there, Mk1 Dash is in and a few bits on order for the front end

Anyone seen one?

Cheers
Daz

Ben3042
29-02-04, 10:13 PM
What the fuck do you wanna do that for?

Dpnova
29-02-04, 10:15 PM
lol i can see why ud change the bumpers, but not the dash

darren
29-02-04, 10:22 PM
What the fcuk do you wanna do that for?

Shit sorry mate we wouldn't want to do anything other than the norm (Speedlines, lowered and clean) now would we?

Just want to now if it's been done before?

Dpnova
29-02-04, 10:23 PM
prob been done,

darren
29-02-04, 10:24 PM

s**t sorry mate we wouldn't want to do anything other than the norm (Speedlines, lowered and clean) now would we? You Clampet

Will
29-02-04, 10:25 PM
i think a gsi with GTE bumpers and mk1 lights with the gsi dash wud be cool, but the mk1 dash if its to ur taste go for it, at the end of the day if a its a J or K reg it will only confuse.

i had a plan to mk1 a van once H reg mk1 van wud make ppl :S as they never made a mk1 van ;)

darren
29-02-04, 10:29 PM
To Be Honest Will i honestly prefer the Mk1 Dash, IMO the stereo is in a better position and i wont have the problems asociated with the Mk2 Hazard switch :lol:

Probably DP is not a good enough answer............

Dpnova
29-02-04, 10:31 PM
Sorry mate, it seems that everything has been done now adays ull have to do something pretty mad to make it really stand out,

scott.parker
29-02-04, 10:31 PM
Well carnt say that "i"(as in just me) have ever seen it before...as for the dash well it a strange thing to do but hey why not if we all did the same thing then all novas would be identical,then there would juat be no point to idividuality!! And then life would be crap..

scott :D

Ben3042
29-02-04, 10:32 PM

s**t sorry mate we wouldn't want to do anything other than the norm (Speedlines, lowered and clean) now would we?

The norm = speedlines,lowered and clean :lol:

Totally agree with you there mate.

Ben3042
29-02-04, 10:33 PM
Corsa dash :idea: now theres something different and hasn't been done to many Nova's

darren
29-02-04, 10:35 PM
Sorry mate, it seems that everything has been done now adays ull have to do something pretty mad to make it really stand out,

You may be right mate but in the 4 years ive been on nova board's/attending shows ive never seen a Mk2 to Mk1 conversion :?:

Just curious

scott.parker
29-02-04, 10:36 PM
IMO the corsa dash looks crap(if it is the corsa B)what about a new mk4 astra now that would look nice..

scott :)

Ben3042
29-02-04, 10:39 PM
IMO the corsa dash looks crap(if it is the corsa B)what about a new mk4 astra now that would look nice..

:o yeah the corsa b dash really looks crap :roll:

Does the astra mk4 dash even fit into a nova? if it it does then it will prob take fuck loads of cuting and reshaping

srs1
29-02-04, 10:43 PM
i have done it. changed the front bumpers/grill/front wings/ side skirts/seats/rear bumpers and the lights.
the rear bumper needs a bit of drilling to get the side clips on. as long as you swap the front wings you are fine with the front bumper. and the lights need a small amount of rewiring, not much at all.
never done a dash thou.
sorry no pics before you ask!
did it 2 years ago.

scott.parker
29-02-04, 10:51 PM
yeah the corsa b dash really looks crap

i did say this is only in my oppinion"NOT"your's...
and yes the astra mk4 dash may take loads of fitting but it would sill look nicer IMO....do you know if this has been
done??

darren
29-02-04, 10:55 PM
i have done it. changed the front bumpers/grill/front wings/ side skirts/seats/rear bumpers and the lights.
the rear bumper needs a bit of drilling to get the side clips on. as long as you swap the front wings you are fine with the front bumper. and the lights need a small amount of rewiring, not much at all.
never done a dash thou.
sorry no pics before you ask!
did it 2 years ago.

Cheers for that it'll come in handy :)

Is the car still on the road?

srs1
29-02-04, 10:59 PM
it was a bit of a mad scenario. i had a 1.2 flair. put the gte wings bumpers etc onto it, then my sr bucket seats into it. so it was a mk2 nova flair with a mk1 front and rear bumpers etc. then i swapped the look a like for a gte which is what i have now.
as far as i know, the lad who had it never drove it. stayed on his drive for a year then sold it.

XZiBiT
29-02-04, 11:41 PM
i prefer the mk1 look but the dash all i can say is ok!! go for it