PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs don't look any lower ! help !

Nick
29-02-04, 07:25 PM
I got some G-MAX 40mm lowering springs , from a reputable shop n the guy knows his stuff so they are 40mm ones lol.

Aftr fitting them the car looks lower but not really much lower

My car is a 1.2 luxe mk2. 15" fox fives, 195/45/15

After driving the car for a couple of hours hard, the ride height looks a little lower but still not much of a change. Is it just the combination of my high standard suspension and my "lower the usual" profile tyres ?

Or do i need to let them bed in and soften up, like a suspension kit needs. ?

Cheers !

Philsutton
29-02-04, 07:32 PM
it will have to settle a bit but not much 40mm wouldnt make it look much lower anyway as i had this first on mine when first had it.

Dpnova
29-02-04, 10:28 PM
The thing i found made the big difference when i changed mine was the shock, the shock was alot shorter, i wouldnt expect to have it to low on a -40mm on standard shocks.

Ben3042
29-02-04, 11:02 PM
Wear the springs in, get a couple of fat cunts to sit in the back and rag it down a bumpy road :lol:

a2lt16v
01-03-04, 09:28 AM
40MM and standard shocks will drop quite low. probably about 40mm :lol:

mine di anyway back takes ages to drop

clawsk
02-03-04, 08:26 PM
Its probably your bump stops mate I had mine 40mm on standard shocks and it was low. JUst gone 60mm and didnt fit any bump stops and it was low as fuck! but i put the standard stops on and now the car just sits on top of them and has gone higher! so if i was u id either get new bump stops (powerflex) or just cut the old ones in half or take em off! but wiv no stops ur ride will be very very very very bad!

nova_rally
02-03-04, 09:36 PM
I run a 40mm drop Apex Kit on the Rally car - Rear springs and shocks were no different in size from the "standard" ones I took out (think the springs were -30 springs). Front Springs and shocks were much shorter, I've fitted all the original bump stops and it does definitely look lower. Back only looks about 5mm lower than it did before though. I don't really care about the look of it anyway, as long as it's nice and solid! (Which it is)

Alan

Stuart
03-03-04, 06:21 PM
also bear in mind that when replacing the suspension on a nova, its likely to be 10yrs old MINIMUM and it will have sagged ove the years.

i mean mine is lower (its standard) than Dan's (gte t40s) and he has a billy -30 (ish) kit on it lol