PDA

View Full Version : OK everyone need help on.....

scott.parker
29-02-04, 04:29 PM
need good opinions on what every one thinks is best suspension set up's they have had or have on a GSI with1.6 8v or with a 2.0 16v....i need to get the best feed back soon as pos..
Thanks
scott :)

NovaNeil
29-02-04, 05:15 PM
If its for your car then you want something as low as poss! :wink:

I've had a couple of GSi's and a GTE and I've found that some polybushes, camber mod and some decent shocks and springs will do fine... But if you like hardcore corning on bumpy roads a strut brace is a good idea. Don't get a cheap kit (Suspension kit) like the cheap Bilsteins or gmax... (in my experience there pretty naff!) Something around ?300, The courtenay Premium kit is my Fave (which includes the Yellow Bilstien shocks), Very good for handling :D But not so good for looks :( as its not a massive drop.

I run Avo Coilovers but at ?550 there a bit expensive for most. FK do a good budget coilover kit, but its none dampening adjustable...

Philsutton
29-02-04, 05:24 PM
i run avo coilovers on mine, but i have dropped it all the way down and as such now as no travel in the shock thats my fault though and im too lazy to higher it back up. It does handle very well though on the rare chance of finding a smooth bit of road round a corner. :D

scott.parker
01-03-04, 08:26 PM
Cheers guy's just needed to know th best so i can make my minde up about what to get,nad if it will worth the extram ?for the coil overs..

scott :)