PDA

View Full Version : Can they get away with it?

Anton
28-02-04, 02:18 AM
Tonight police blocked us in, in our local meeting place, and let no one go untill they had written down our number plates, looked at all are documents and took our names and address's. About 20-30 cars were there and it took feckin ages. Are they allowed to do it if you are doing nothing wrong?!

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/1353/p2280010.jpg

dan_mk1
28-02-04, 03:04 AM
the fashion police should have come, some one is driving a ford ka!

Jules
28-02-04, 07:13 AM
Where is the 'local meeting place'? If it's on private land (I.E a car park where the store is closed) then there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to take your details and want to know why you're there. If it's a public location (Maybe a car park of a McDonalds that is still open for example) then they should have no reason to ask - Except to annoy you and let you know that they know where you hang out.

Anton
28-02-04, 09:57 AM
council car park

XZiBiT
28-02-04, 10:15 AM
ye olde colchester lock in (glad i stayed in now!! ) must have bin well cold :lol: il be out tonight ant il see ya then 8)

DUNOVA.
28-02-04, 01:39 PM
lmfao I got there just as it all finnished :P

10 Mins later a BMW Alpina got caught doing a dohnut :lol: :lol:
Unlucky!!!!!! :lol:

RJM25R
28-02-04, 05:34 PM
The police are allowed to ask you for your details with no reason. It becomes harrassment if they find nothing wrong but still keep stopping you. They could quite legitimately suspect drug-dealing or stolen goods fencing when you are grouped together as you were, at night.

DUNOVA.
28-02-04, 06:07 PM
The car park is free parking after 6pm

The police can get away with almost everything *T**TS* There's no point arguin with them :evil:

AnThoNYnOvA
28-02-04, 08:31 PM
if your are legal you have nothing to worry bout. if your not walk away from your car :P and let them take the reg