PDA

View Full Version : 15" subs in a nova... too OTT?

Motor World
27-02-04, 06:07 PM
What do you think?

Im planning on fitting 15" subs in my lil project.... your views?

srs1
27-02-04, 06:11 PM
depends on how your going to do it?
take rear seats out, do a good custom install. but all the power needed to get it running will mean, power caps, eavy duty battery and a stronger alternator to keep it ticking over nicely. but dont forget decent components up front. all bass and no treble makes a car sound pants.

bucket seats-rear cage-nice install = nice :D

Motor World
27-02-04, 06:21 PM
depends on how your going to do it?
take rear seats out, do a good custom install. but all the power needed to get it running will mean, power caps, eavy duty battery and a stronger alternator to keep it ticking over nicely. but dont forget decent components up front. all bass and no treble makes a car sound pants.

bucket seats-rear cage-nice install = nice :D

i really am thankful for your input fella... but my question was about the subs!!

i didnt mention anything about power source, components or anything else :?:

ive got the whole system and layout planned etc, have done for a while, but i was just wandering about the views on whether 15" subs would be too much or not from the nova gurus such yrself srs1

srs1
27-02-04, 06:29 PM
15" subs usually catch a deeper bass note then 10-12's. 10's are for tight punchy tunes, 12's are for best overall. 15's are best for the deep notes. i would say depending on your music choice, then go for it!

LANKYPASS
27-02-04, 06:32 PM
i just recently brought a splx 500watt amp and 12" 500watt bass box and that seriously turns heads and shakes the panels off my car !!!

its a fantastic allrounder for all the types of music i listen too. (dance trance and yet has a heck of a lot of deep end bass and rumble for R&B)

me personally i think that a 15" sub is often too much bass that is way too inaccurate !!!

thats just me though :roll: :p

Jack
27-02-04, 07:01 PM
i'm with srs1, it depends on your choice of music and thus what kinda bass u want. I've got 2x12" in mine and they sound good (ok so they sounded pants off my Jensen amp, but better when i replaced that with the Magnat one... that is when its not overheating lol)

dave.gsi
27-02-04, 11:46 PM
i used to have an 8in sony xplod sub.

it used to rattle all the panels, vibrate the windows and make me feel pretty sick at high volume lol.

good luck with a 15in :wink:

plus, must add the 8in was as good at fast paced hard house as it was dropping low notes on gansta rap :wink:

cabanestrut
28-02-04, 12:31 AM
go for it!

i just registered here , my first car is a nova, its a 1200 sting in white.

its got a 12" 300w sub in a home made box and and a 350w splx amp.
it shakes the whole car!!

got my practical test on saturday the 6th, cant wait to drive it on my own.

a 15" sub will be awesome

Cheeze
28-02-04, 01:24 PM
i have the kicker comp 15 in my boot with the back seats still in, running off a 1000 w legacy amp, yeah its loud but by fuck it draws the crowds, go for it just do it

essexrudeboy
02-03-04, 10:49 AM
i have the kicker comp 15 in my boot with the back seats still in, running off a 1000 w legacy amp, yeah its loud but by fcuk it draws the crowds, go for it just do it

this is the same as mine xept a twister amp.. and it sounds aight! :wink:

badnova
02-03-04, 10:26 PM
as what was said depneds on your layout really

15 are better then 12`s i think and nothing is to much for a nove just go for it and make it look good

i shore it will look cool

trickynova
10-03-04, 09:53 PM
if ur gona do it make a custom box in ur spare wheel well, it boomed in my nova like that, but i also used 8 rolls of sound deadening in the rear alone. also leaves u plenty of room to display ur amps and other audio componants

epo
13-03-04, 04:46 PM
i used to have an 8in sony xplod sub.

it used to rattle all the panels, vibrate the windows and make me feel pretty sick at high volume lol.

good luck with a 15in :wink:

plus, must add the 8in was as good at fast paced hard house as it was dropping low notes on gansta rap :wink:

me mate used to have 2 8" subs in a box every one used 2 pish them selves laughin when they saw it
till he turned it on :twisted: sounded well loud and mint

he used to call his bass box "little shep" dont ask me why :lol:

djp_y2k
14-03-04, 12:58 PM
A lad I know had to 18's and two or three 12's in a civic

so I think 15's will be fine in a nova. depends wot you listen to and if you love hearing loads of bass or not

I have 2 12" solobalrics and they produce more than enough bass for me.

accountax
15-03-04, 05:17 PM
I have a 15" in my nova mate it is load and excellent as long as you sound deaden the boot i havent took my back seats out either

~~joycey~~
17-03-04, 05:33 AM
GO 4 IT M8

:grab:

Noisy Nova
28-03-04, 11:49 AM
Go For it lad, i've got rid of my back seats and had a custom build for two 15" Cerwin Vega Subs, im tellin ya its fookin loud, :o known to set car alarms off, got for the 15, you know you want to :wink: