PDA

View Full Version : * Twin SU carbs*

Barn
26-02-04, 10:37 PM
Hi guys,

Can you please tell me if these carbs are any good and how they compare to the likes of Weber and Dellorto?

Many thanks

:+:

MechaT
28-02-04, 09:02 PM
SUs suck. Well all carbs suck if you think about it :lol: but you know what I mean. They're small and simple but you get much more power from Webers and Dellorto's

Stuart
29-02-04, 12:16 PM
Well, its umm kinda a shady subject.

since no one has fitted them (appart from one guy i see in forsale every now and then) a fair comparison cant be made.

technically the SU's should be better then the webber/delortos etc due to the design etc, but the carb body is so big that you can only use two, so the webber #DCOE type win as they are a smaller package and easier to fit etc.

I mean granted i hate minis but they seem to go well with a pair of 1-1/2" SU's on lol whereas a webber unit is a pain to setup due to the maifold arrangement.

Philsutton
29-02-04, 01:12 PM
thought the twin SU's came standard on some rovers e.g 3.5 V8 :) and seen a few on mini's as well.

sk8funk
29-02-04, 01:33 PM
having been into the mini's for longer than nova's i know for a fact that twin su's aent as good compared to the webbers. u aint going to gain much out of them although they are easy to setup. webber's are better without a doubt

Stuart
29-02-04, 01:36 PM
there we go, voice of reason.

i was only going by what ive seen from some of the fools at uni that loved their minis lol

Barn
29-02-04, 05:22 PM
as long as they would be better than a Pierburg 2e with K&N bolt on I'm happy, lol !

cheers guys