PDA

View Full Version : Tonight we turn the key

novax
26-02-04, 05:58 PM
Well actually we did that last night but it wasn't set up but did run, if a bit rough. Tonight we set the throttle pot and balance the butterflys - then drive it home.

On Tuesday it's off to Longlife to get the BTB manifold mated to my SS Powerflow exhaust. After that I think it's just drive it and run it in.

ollster
26-02-04, 06:57 PM
how does it sound, i need some re-assuring that all this work i am doing to mine is going to be worth it lol, cant wait to hear the jenvey's when its fired up, but ive promised myself that everything is going to be done perfectly this time, so it could take a while lol.

I hope it all goes well mate, make sure you check the tps each time you balance the butterflies.

peester
26-02-04, 07:28 PM
.... cant wait to hear the jenvey's when its fired up,

i think dave went to sbd for his throttles they're tapered not parrallel throttles so not jenveys. but still as good, maybe better.
well done dave, long time coming i know. reached the promised land. heard about rob; since when did you allow him the time to think, lol.

Tilly
26-02-04, 11:24 PM
oooooooh exciting. bet he doesnt trust me to drive it now.
but u know im always got a helping hand (for driving the car with i mean)

ollster
27-02-04, 08:32 AM
nah there still jenvey's just tapered sf types and not parallel's. As for better there is a lot of debate about it, although i can see the benefits of taper throttles (create a venturi effect, and also pulse tuning?) i dont think massive gains are noticed unless you are running big power, and the car spends hours and hours on the rolling road. It will be interesting to see the difference when mine is finished, are you up for a blast down santa pod next year dave :wink:

novax
27-02-04, 06:42 PM
Well, what a night. We got the TBs balanced and the throttle pot set up without any difficulty really, minor niggles but nothing to bother with. That was until I decided to fit the rad fan....... Picked up a bolt and wound it in, then water started pi$$ing out of the rad, bolt to long and had punched a hole. Worst part of it was it was a new rad :cry: I've got an old oue in there now and it runs OK, won't really find out until tomorrow when we drive it for the first time. Might go down the Pod but I'm carrying a full interior and ICE , still we'll see.

mikeoxford
29-02-04, 12:59 AM
Might go down the Pod but I'm carrying a full interior and ICE , still we'll see.

:lol: you dont believe in running her in then!?!?!?!?

cant wait to see it at the shows this year.

keep it up :+:

novax
29-02-04, 09:19 AM
Mike, of course we will run it in but the new rings need bedding in and that means you need to give it some without labouring the engine. Had it out on the motorway and down the lanes on the way home, about 15 miles.

It runs soooo smooth I'm amazed! a bit of popping and banging on overrun but they're supposed to do that so no worries. gear change and clutch are also smooth, to the point you wonder "are they conected?"

Tuesday is Longlife as at the moment the exhaust is just stuffed up inside the BTB manifold :D

CP
29-02-04, 08:04 PM
looking forward to seeing it :D