PDA

View Full Version : engine replacement (which engine).

novatakenagain
26-02-04, 03:36 PM
Hi i have a 1.2 club. Been to two garages due to engine running crap, stalling n not starting and not performing vry good. Mechanics say need new distributer and a new cam. The engine has lacked care, they say best to get rid of the car. I dont want to waste my money repairing it when i want i bigger engine in the long run.

So im thinking just get a new engine n put it in, but which is the best engine to put in it, without making it obvious for insurance to notice. and what will i require to put it in, like brakes and driveshaft etc.

Thanks guys any help will be appreciated, need advice car is on its last legs.

Philsutton
26-02-04, 03:44 PM
go for the 1.4sr as they look the same, only if you check the engine code will you notice a difference.

Alex
26-02-04, 03:46 PM
don't change the engine without telling your insurance company

a2lt16v
26-02-04, 03:56 PM
you gotta tell them theres to many peopple not telling them and this stings the people that do tell them. if you smashed into me in my nova and your insurance decided not to pay up becuase you have a 1.4 instead of 1.2 you ould well find that you end up wih 1.4 transplant in ya ass. tell them its not that much. also if you run someone over and kill them you will be paing for that for the rest of a life. not trying to put you off just saying what can happen. not syaing it will but you should always look at what can happen. hence you should look that 1.4's should not be but in a a 2 litre put in instead :wink:

Snowface
26-02-04, 06:07 PM
i couldn't understand half what a2lt said but it sounded sensible. so i'll agree.

Jack
26-02-04, 08:28 PM
i couldn't understand half what a2lt said but it sounded sensible. so i'll agree.

:lol:

You might find that having a 1.4 makes your insurance cheaper, take a look in some of the insurance threads from ppl that have rang round the insurance companies, some of they found a 1.4 quote to be a few quid less than a 1.2!!

novatakenagain
27-02-04, 05:51 PM
Cheers guys i think i will go for the 1.4sr engine. Does anyone know what price tag i will be looking at for the engine.
Also how hard will it be to change, im definately thinking of transfering the engines myself with a friend but ill get sumone else to connect it up etc. cheers guys.

Philsutton
27-02-04, 05:56 PM
quite easy to change, not too hard to get hold either i wouldnt have thought. Can get them for not more than ?100 as people will be trying to get rid there old engines after a 2lt conversion.

novatakenagain
27-02-04, 06:07 PM
chhers for the advice.

Will
27-02-04, 06:09 PM
but which is the best engine to put in it, without making it obvious for insurance to notice.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

if your gona play that game cancel ur policy and get ur money back from it and just drive same effect.

dont be surprised when u get 6 points. if you read the express you will see uninusred drivers is a big thing at the moment unisured includes those insured and not declaring things like an engine transplant imo