PDA

View Full Version : Saxo Replacement

Chris LR
25-02-04, 05:01 PM
The Saxo is 1 year old soon, and it's been a bit pathetic....

2 CD players - Sunroof, Window and Door seals.

As the Insurance is up soon I think it's time for a change. The Saxo isn't going anywhere - my sister will just have to share it on her own.

I'm looking at a Turbo Diesel, Possibly 306 / Astra around 1995-97. Just wondering if anybody has anything good/bad to say on these cars and any other options.

I need a medium car becasue with my new job I have to put fairly long ladders on the top, and a bit of kit in the boot. Won't let me have a nice VW Passat Company Car until I'm 25.. :x

-Bruce-
25-02-04, 05:03 PM
unlucky mate!! i drive a vw passat its my mums. its a beast lol :lol:

what about a nova van?

Stuart
25-02-04, 06:40 PM
use yer landy you nonce

ps pic of yer sister lol (since its the "theme" of the moment)

Chris LR
25-02-04, 08:00 PM
I could well use the Landy with Overdrive it's now capable of 80mph, But still not capable of stopping in less than 1/2 mile.

Also to get at the roof hoops (to attach ladder) you have to take the soft-top off, not all that much fun in the wet.

Jack
25-02-04, 08:58 PM
306DT is pretty good, my mate andy (Mr. Peugeot lol) just got one and its pretty nippy. Economical too. And plenty of room inside.

Cheese
25-02-04, 09:34 PM
Mate Ollie has one, been fairly reliable really.. Its had the boost wound up, but has killed a cam shaft and 2 clyinder heads! Its done 120k and he does drive it pretty hard! Does a ridiculous amount of miles for the amount of fuel he puts in, handles pretty will and has a reasonable amount of performance in it for a diesel. And is well built..

Overall not bad cars in all honesty, and lots of styling/performance bits available if you want to go down that route..

Barn
26-02-04, 02:32 PM
my mate has just got a MK4 Golf 1.9TD...he reckons its awesome... but then he would, lol. nah, he reckons its good performance/economy all round. I thought it was slow but there we are I aint used to sitting in Diesels. It was ?4000 I believe...it was one of the earlier ones.

ydg27
27-02-04, 11:57 AM
you could have my 1.7td nova (which is nippy :wink: ) for about ?1200 ono
just needs a slight bit of TLC as i have lost heart

XZiBiT
27-02-04, 04:44 PM
:lol: