PDA

View Full Version : The law !!!

DUNOVA.
24-02-04, 11:52 PM
Speaking to a mate today at work who was telling me that the law is changing for cruiser's it will be coming under as kirb crawling!And for kirb crawling there changing so you can lose your licence for good for more info buy redline or rev's mag or have people already seen the artical :evil:

2litreturbo
24-02-04, 11:55 PM
thats stupid, how can they take away your driving license for picking up a prossi? It's a bit like taking away a grannys bus pass after she got the bus home from the shops after forgetting to pay for her paper!

Wankers

Ste_Nova
25-02-04, 08:55 AM
was in the paper a few months ago... use your car to harass and loose your licence

?Marty?
25-02-04, 04:19 PM
sounds good to me. sucky sucky only five dorrah!?

Stuart
25-02-04, 06:59 PM
is that your charges marty?? its only about 2.75 with current excahnge rates lmao (do you take euros)

quite right, if your a bellend in your car (in the wrong place), lose the right to drive it! :D

Jack
25-02-04, 08:05 PM
Marty's getting frisky again!

I think if they're gonna make that kinda thing illegal they gotta have strict guidelines as to what constitutes "harassment", i.e. sitting in a car park chatting to your mates in your cars isn't; doing donuts and racing about like a-holes is lol

scott.parker
25-02-04, 10:33 PM
What!!! tel you the law is so fuked up!!.. Why dont they concentrate on stopin crime!! Not moddified cars..
Next they will be sayin that the law is changing and anyone with a moddified car will be arrested and there car crushed,just cus it's not standard...i would not put it past them.. :?

2litreturbo
25-02-04, 11:38 PM
....anyone with a moddified car will be arrested and there car crushed,just cus it's not standard...:?

What constitutes a modification? technically changin anything to non factory fit parts will be a mod. So if it is supplied with bfg tyres and you put goodyear on then they will krush your car?

Twats. All of them

DUNOVA.
25-02-04, 11:38 PM
quite right, if your a bellend in your car (in the wrong place), lose the right to drive it! :D[/quote]

It's the one's that are bellends that spoil it for the people who just want to cruise.I don't think it will be for sitting in a car park it will be like goin down the high street and illegal cruises like southend front and place's like that.If it doe's come into force then we should all get together and protest :lol:

2litreturbo
25-02-04, 11:56 PM
if we protest they will jus take our cars away then!

DUNOVA.
25-02-04, 11:59 PM
:lol: I'd love to see them take away a couple of hundred car's,If everyone stuck together which im sure alot of people would

2litreturbo
26-02-04, 12:16 AM
i bet you if they did it down southend, they would block us all in, put the people in meet wagons and take to a holding place (secure sports hall or the like) and then lift all the cars away to a compound. it would cost them a lot but i bet there would be no one down southend the next week (only because they have no cars though)

DUNOVA.
26-02-04, 12:20 AM
We will have are rights,If the car's are all parked in bay's with tax they can't do fcuk all.

2litreturbo
26-02-04, 12:28 AM
yeah they can. If the stereos are uadible from outside the car they can fine you, if it has light (other than factory fit) that are'dazzling' they can fine you, they can also get the department of transport mobile mot thingy down there and check all the cars. They can also check if the car is insured and call the insurance company to confirm the mods. they can check engine numbers agins the log book. they can check number plates (which now carries points), tyres (3 points for each unroadworthy tyre)

If they wanted too, they could really screw you over.

Jack
26-02-04, 08:20 AM
Next they will be sayin that the law is changing and anyone with a moddified car will be arrested and there car crushed

They've threatened some ppl round here with that. Gave a load of lads producers and what not and made them remove all their mods, and the cars had to be inspected afterwards, if they left anything on the cars would have been confiscated and crushed up. :?

DUNOVA.
26-02-04, 05:49 PM
It's just getting perfetic now.The old bill round are way are ok if your not being T**T But like I say there's alway's one that f**ks it up for the other's :evil:

sh0rty
26-02-04, 08:42 PM
There was a bit in the paper about sounds in cars, testing it in some area around here. If its above a certain decibel, then they have the right to confiscate your car off you :o

epo
26-02-04, 09:50 PM
i must be in a good area as the po po's round here r ok never had a prob with em
altho i dont particurly go cruisin round at night rather stayin with pipe and slippers

u watch ill get pulled 2morrow :lol:

2litreturbo
27-02-04, 01:11 AM
how can they measure the volume though? when they stop you, your not gunna leave it on full volume are ya? just turn it down and when they turn it up say 'hey turn it down, you'll blow my speakers, it's not designed to go that loud!'
:lol:

sh0rty
27-02-04, 10:13 PM
thats like saying how can they measure your speed? drive your car themselves and test it and say hey i dont go that fast? they have certain devices im sure which measure sound :roll: sit in some popular place on a saturday night and wait, same as speed vans etc etc

Motor World
27-02-04, 10:29 PM
If the stereos are audible from outside the car they can fine you

This is very true, when i had my vectra, the install was, lets just say, louder than your average car radio.... :lol:

was driving through cardiff city centre at around 1pm, i was stopped by a police officer and he 'advised' me to turn it down as he heard me from the other end ov the high street and then informed me that they can now fine you for having an install thats over a certain decibel... :(

i was then 'advised' again in the night time on the same road, even tho once i had turned my system down, you could clearly hear what song was playing in the club about 6 buildings away!! :roll:

be warned!!

2litreturbo
27-02-04, 11:38 PM
thats like saying how can they measure your speed?
When they measure your speed, it is in relation to FIXED markes on the road. The surroundings ARENT moving. They cant measure the volume from a distance because they cant filter out the background noise. The either stop you and put a sensor on your glass to measure the vibrations or in the car to measure the level.

XZiBiT
28-02-04, 02:38 PM
i had a db reader on my phone it was cool

2litreturbo
28-02-04, 03:45 PM
yeah mate had one on his nokia. Does yours have the torch on the top?