PDA

View Full Version : Help: Nova Driveshaft Problems

Alexco
24-02-04, 09:27 PM
Can anybody tell me what driveshafts i need to use when putting a 2 litre 16v redtop engine into a 1.2 nova?

The car is just about ready to go to my mechanic to attempt the conversion, but i have no driveshafts.

Any help appreciated, anybody with the ones i need for sale even more appreciated....

Also...do i need to change the fuel tank?

novashed
24-02-04, 10:53 PM
you will nedd 22 spline either end shafts from a GTE or diesel or sometimes a GSI, these are extremely hard to come by, its took me 3 months to locate a set. you will also nee some inner CV joints froma cav mk2 1.6 big block F reg. hope this helps

mikeoxford
24-02-04, 11:59 PM
and the VERY best of luck to you in finding them

unless you buy new :lol:

2litreturbo
25-02-04, 01:33 AM
i had a set in my garage but mother being mother (bitch twat ****) took them to the tip!

I knew i shouldn't have moved out! :twisted:

m.d.
25-02-04, 09:00 AM
get a set of gte shafts and get the inner CV joint from a mk2 cavy 1.6 carb.

they are about 15 quid a side from a scrappy and once you have one set you can part exchange them for brand new ones when they break. (ive never broken one tho and im running more power in my 8v than a 16v) just dont do too many standing starts.

2litreturbo
25-02-04, 09:19 AM
get a set of gte shafts and get the inner CV joint from a mk2 cavy 1.6 carb.

They must be 22 spline as not all gte shafts were.

Alexco
25-02-04, 10:17 PM
Cheers guys, now at least i know what i'm looking for. :wink:

Does anybody know if i need to change the fuel tank??

If so which one - GTE/GSI???

2litreturbo
25-02-04, 11:31 PM
depends what fuel tank you have. There are three types

If your 1.2 was injection then no you dont need to change it.

I had a carb nova that had a return pipe on the tank so you dont need to change that tank but it wont have a swirl pot so it will die when you hammer round corners.

If the tank has no return pipe then it defo needs changing