PDA

View Full Version : Left Rear light

ChelmsfordNova
23-02-04, 09:14 PM
The rear light dont work on one side but the brake light does. The rear light and the brake light are in the same bulb, and i have changed the bulb. i have changed the units over from the other side and still no light. i think there is no power to the rear light but why is the brake light working?

Austin_Nova16
23-02-04, 09:32 PM
checked the fuses?

mikeoxford
23-02-04, 11:00 PM
does the opposite side work?

have you made sure the blub is in the right way.

have you made sure its the correct bulb (double filament)

2litreturbo
23-02-04, 11:14 PM
ok. turn on your side lights and check all four bulbs. If the front and back on one side dont work then it is a fuse. If the front works but the back doesn't, check the bulb. Make sure it is a double filament (also called a stop/tail bulb) and make sure it is the correct way around in the holder. If it is a brand new bulb, try taking out the bulb, rotating it thru 180 degrees and puting it back in. Failing that, get a multimeter and chech to see there is power in the loom.

ChelmsfordNova
12-04-04, 07:04 PM
Fixed, just twisted the wire by mistake on the light end and it all lit up.

Philsutton
12-04-04, 07:08 PM
is it something to do with novas as the 5 door, my sr and my mates all have the same light out and cant seem to work out why they arent working.

ChelmsfordNova
12-04-04, 07:58 PM
Well i couldnt work out why there was no power to the left rear light and power to the right one. fuses were ok every thing else worked, so put it down to broken wire so was about to re-run a wire, when i was playing around with the connecter to the light unit and twisted it abit and bingo lit up, everything is working! Just twist the wires or give it a good hit it does work!

novadiamond
13-04-04, 10:16 PM
Theres allways a problem with my rear light the fog goes on sumtime but not others