PDA

View Full Version : fiesta Si

benji
23-02-04, 07:22 PM
a mate has just bought a 1.6 16v fiesta Si, whats the deal with them how quick are they? just wanting to know if mine will be quicker before i go racing him and look stupid. are they quicker than 1600 xr2i's?

his is an L reg if it makes a differance

cheers

ben.

elsey197
23-02-04, 08:29 PM
Think ive heard before that these are slow for what they are mate and dont think they are quicker than xr2is, id say you should be able to beat him mate

Chris
23-02-04, 08:41 PM
i used to beat my mate when i had a 1.4sr with cam filter and exhaust. they only have 87bhp i think

benji
23-02-04, 08:45 PM
they only have 87bhp i think thats good to know

peester
23-02-04, 10:47 PM
the fiesta Si is an ecotech astra 3 gsi. a model that ran with or replaced the xr2 for an insurance drop. its nothing like the xr2. has all the usual potential styling wise of course had 'those' bumpers and i think recaros but its a bit of a 'got first years no claims' car. poor mans xr2?? SR like for performance even in 1.6 guise i reckon.

scott.parker
23-02-04, 10:49 PM
well i used to own an xr2il, i will just say that the si dose not stand a chance! :lol: the xr is a hole lot quicker mate..
not just a bit but loads,strange but true..

ken
23-02-04, 11:53 PM
no offence but there both shite xr poo i v the fiesta si the xr will win but there both shite and not up 2 a gte/gsi performance

2litreturbo
24-02-04, 12:54 AM
fords have this thing about 1.6 engines. the new ka sport has a 1.6 and that is pants! I bet if you opened it up and measured it it'll be a 1400 :lol:
They just stick a fairly big engine in to sell them as 'sporty' cars but really haven't developed the engine to be sporty. So unfortunately, you get a sheep in wolves clothing.

It's the same with the RS Focus. When i worked at Mountune, we had one of the exhaust manifolds in and it is more like a u bend from a sink. It was designed by a graduate during his training. It has a tiny bore (about 4.5cm). We designed a new striaght thru to use the original turbo and it gained 25bhp and was cheaper to make than the original.

So why didn't they do a bit more work and make the FRS a good car!

essexrudeboy
24-02-04, 12:36 PM
Si's are slow! ive raced and beat 3 or 4!

Nath
24-02-04, 02:35 PM
the si's are slow compared to the xr2i's, having driven an xr2i i can tell u that there bloody fast. but not that good on acceleration because my 1.4 ghia fiesta beat my m8's xr2i but then he flew past me.i wouldnt even bother trying in my nova lol,

essexrudeboy
24-02-04, 03:01 PM
2i's r quick!
i dont get it cos th Si is 16v and most 2i's r 8v!

scott.parker
24-02-04, 07:04 PM
ken both s**t and not up 2 a gte/gsi performance
:lol: i use to own an xr2i never modid it and it was faster then my mates nova gte that had zorst filter,ect...
and it was loads faster then my gsi i have now..so i think you must be on about the 1.8 16v xr2i there slower than the 1.6 8v.
I sold the XR2i to a mate he modid it with magnex and k&n and saw 135mph i use to do 130mph standard.. :lol: think he waseted his money.. :lol:

benji
24-02-04, 07:17 PM
i'm glad there not as quick as a xr2i. the last time i raced one he was up my arse while i was on the phone, as soon as i hung up i booted it and he couldn't keep up, this was from 30-80 slowed for an island and then up to about 80/90 and then stopped at some lights. he pulled along side me at the lights to turn right and i looked across and smiled at him. he wasn't amused but his mate thought it was funny. i could just imagine their conversation.
mate: look at that nova it's only a sr. you gonna do him?.
driver: yep
mate: give it some then.
driver:...
mate: go on. he's gettin away.
driver :o :cry:
mate :o :)
me: :o :) :D 8)

Philsutton
25-02-04, 01:27 PM
Both arent exactly quick, ford havent a clue in making decent engines.

-Bruce-
25-02-04, 02:42 PM
mate: look at that nova it's only a sr. you gonna do him?.
driver: yep
mate: give it some then.
driver:...
mate: go on. he's gettin away.
driver :o :cry:
mate :o :)
me: :o :) :D 8)

hehe 8) 8)

2litreturbo
25-02-04, 05:25 PM
so true! :D