PDA

View Full Version : preserving a mint set of doors?

mikeoxford
23-02-04, 12:53 AM
.............is that humanly possible!?

do i paste the insides of the doors full of waxoil?

got a mint set of doors for my project.... and want to keep them that way.

what shall i do?

would too much waxoil prevent water from escaping at the bottoms? and on hot summer days (wishes for good summer & show season!) when my door pannels get hot, will waxoil sh!t melt and run out bottom of doors ????????

jim sri
23-02-04, 10:23 AM
i waxoyled mine in the doors and rear arches by removing the rear doorcards. im not sure if the waxoyl willmelt in the summer, i had to heat mine up using boiling kettle water to get it liquid enough to spray in!another thing you could do is remove the front door cards and get in there with paint or sealant, preferably the same colour as the car, wait for that to dry and then waxoyl.
theres only a certain amount you can do.
hth

mowgli
23-02-04, 08:16 PM
my doors are mint - they've got a big hole in the middle......
seriously, though, waxoil or some similar stuff will be fine, it shouldn't melt in hot weather. just make sure your drain holes are ok, and also ensure the polythene sheets behind the door cards are intact.

beatin u
23-02-04, 08:23 PM
i just got a good door from the scrapys, ive drilled bigger drain holes all along the bottom- the standars drain holes are shit imo. then hamerite painted all the inside right into where the frame meats the outer skin then a good coating of waxoil. Hopefully last another 10 years :?

mikeoxford
23-02-04, 11:02 PM
out comes the waxoil :D

cheers for that.