PDA

View Full Version : Master Cylinder.........

so1o
21-02-04, 05:07 AM
Does anyone know the size of the following master cylinders.....

Vectra 2.5 v6

Frontera......Im not sure if the master cylinders are different sizes for different models so a size with model would be appreciated.

This refers to my last post about the travel on my v6 brakes and it was suggested that I upgrade my master cylinder, any ideas.

Thanks

Solo

Stuart
21-02-04, 01:44 PM
umm Cav non ABS is 22mm if thats any help lol

sorry

Dicko
21-02-04, 01:57 PM
you cant just change it like that depending on whats biggest.

they all have a set front/back ratio. i think there is 4-5 different for novas alone.

basically depend on where the centre of gravity is on your car, the further forward the more the balance shud be towards the front on the brakes (controlled by master cyl)

so1o
21-02-04, 05:20 PM
Cheers lol Cambridge every little helps.

Dicko so how do i go about putting one on if its possible.

so1o
22-02-04, 12:35 PM
Just spoke to my mate who is a vauxhall breaker and he told me that the Vectra master cylinder is different in the fact that it has a hydraulic pipe?
Whats he talking about?

Another damn problem ive just come across is my passenger side calipers not pushing the whole brake pad on to the disc. Can this be sorted via a seal kit? I have enquired with Vauxs and they say a reconditioning kit is not available for the v6 caliper, only a seal kit.

Any info would be appreciated.

rgv_stu
22-02-04, 11:06 PM
you cant just change it like that depending on whats biggest.

they all have a set front/back ratio. i think there is 4-5 different for novas alone.

basically depend on where the centre of gravity is on your car, the further forward the more the balance shud be towards the front on the brakes (controlled by master cyl)

erm your going down the wrong track here mate, the master cylinder is the same on all novas just the screw in regualtor valves are different. so as long as you get a new master clyinger and are able to plumb in the regulaters all should be fine.

2litreturbo
23-02-04, 02:40 AM
do you mean the servo?