PDA

View Full Version : a desperate nova lova needs good advice asap please

gary woodward
21-02-04, 01:53 AM
can you help me?i think my nova 1.6gsi was kurbbed at the raer passengerside,asthe wheel sticks out at the top wheelarch.is it possible the stub axle is bent as it feels like its crabbing and the stearing feals a little strange,if you get me.if so would it be easier to change whole rear axle or just the stub axle,and is it right that i cant buy an off the shelf 4 into 1 branch manifold for a non-cat nova 1.6gsi.i would be grateful for a quick reponse as i want to do the work this weekend 21/22 02 2004 and mot monday thnx again,this is the first time on the net coz people say you can get any info off the web so this is my first try in modern tech no

krobinson
21-02-04, 12:41 PM
Stub Axel just bolts off with 4 bolts. So this would be the easier option!

And yes there are plenty of places do manifolds. Try Preformance Vauxhall Developments. www.pvdnet.co.uk

Keith

2litreturbo
23-02-04, 02:48 AM
i doubt the stub axle is bent. Look from behind the car and you will find that where the stub bolts onto is bent out at the top. It is a plate at 90 degrees to the axle with a triangular support at either side. The damper sits inbetween the two supports. That is more likely to bend than the sutb axle so it means an entire axle job as you cant bend it back easily.

you can buy new stub axles from vauxhall (about ?57 last time i asked) but like i say, you dont need it. Rear axle should be about 20 quid.

Ste_Nova
23-02-04, 11:56 AM
i bent both :lol:... bearing usually gives up if the stub is bent

2litreturbo
23-02-04, 01:24 PM
welll because i changed the whole axle i dont really know if the stub was bent. Never took the old axle apart to see!