PDA

View Full Version : Alex's Nova, With Pics & spec!

krobinson
20-02-04, 11:53 PM
Pics:

The car isnt 100% finished yet, the front bumper was just set there and held up with a box so it isnt sitting properly, and will have a laguna splitter which really makes the bumper look good!

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex1.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex2.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex3.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex4.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex5.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex6.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex7.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex8.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/alex9.jpg

Spec:

Techincal Specification

Make ? Vauxhall Model ? Nova 2.0L 16v Year ? 1989 Reg ? CBZ 5533

ENGINE: -

Type:
1998cc C20XE Fully Blueprinted

Head:
Gas flowed, solid lifters, Brass lined valve guides, Re-profiled Standard cams, ARP Head bolts, Metal head gasket ?Kent? vernier pulleys, ?Kent? Timing Belt, Steel tensioners

Block:
Standard, Acid Treated, ?Manhale? Flat top pistons, Up rated Rings, Steel Conrods, Titanium Links

Bottom:
Steel Crank (Lightened and Balanced), up rated Shell and Main Bearings,
ARP Bottom End Bolts, Re-baffled sump, Dual sump Bungs, up rated oil pump, Tin for Aluminium sump replacement.

Carbs:
45 Dellorto Carbs on matched SB Developments inlet manifold, C/w Shortened trumpets and Piper-X filters, run from ?Facet Silver top fuel through King filter regulator all c/w braided Hosing

Ignition:
SBD Distributor-less 952i MBE Management System with SBD Dizzy blanking cover, 7mm Silicon Leads by ?Split fire? GM Vectra coil pack and NGK Titanium tip spark plugs.

Exhaust:
Custom made stainless steel manifold, mongoose stainless steel System c/w Polysport Exhaust mounts

Other:
Samco Hosing (blue), Alloy header tank, Oil catch, Brake res, Battery cover, Polished rocker cover and cam belt cover, SBD Carbon spark plug cover, 100amp SBD small alternator and bottom pulley conversion, Heavy duty ?power bull? Diesel battery, Double copper core radiator, Grp A Pro Tec engine mounts, M-Tech engine mount brackets

TRANSMISSION: -

Five speed F20 Gearbox, Front wheel drive, 90% LSD, M-Tech Custom one- piece shafts and replacement hubs with Astra GTE Outers and inners, Sash?s Clutch.

CHASSI / SUSPENSION / STEERING: -

Fully seam and stitch welded engine bay c/w ?Harry Hockley? Strengthening plates, ?Raid? Front polished strut brace, ?Dubwiser? 4? Rear polished strut brace, FK coil over suspension kit c/w 200 lb springs up front and height adjustable spring platforms to the rear, Front anti roll bar spacer blocks (To avoid fouling of exhaust manifold), Uni ball joints and track Rod ends, Polysport bushes all round.

BRAKES: -

Front:
Vectra V6 callipers with 256mm Disc Conversion Drilled and grooved.
Rear:
Disc conversion with Vectra V6 Callipers, Drilled & Grooved
Other:
EBC Green stuff pads all round, DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid, Steel Braided brake lines all round.

WHEELS AND TYRES: -

7 x 17 Kahn RSS with 205/40 Silverstone tyres c/w Kahn centres and valve caps

BODY: -

Based on a 1989 13SR Shell, All vinyl removed plus rubbing Strips,
de-badged, wing aerial removed, Fibresport front bumper c/w spots, mesh, and lower Laguna, Modified Fibresport side skirts moulded to front wing and
Rear quarter, Kingdom Developments rear bumper modified For number plate recess, M3 style mirrors, Montary bonnet vent and GSI Astra bonnet vents (recessed as Vauxhall Intended), 3 piece rear spoiler (89 SR legs, 93 GSI top
Window spoiler and saxo spoiler), Flushed tail gate with wiper and washer jet removed, Golf Gti bee sting aerial, Flushed Scuttle panel with washer jets, grills and 1 No. Wiper hole removed, Vectra washer jets on bonnet, Kawasaki motorbike fuel filler cap moulded into rear quarter position, Clear front indicators, Clear rear lights, and Oval clear side repeaters, VW Polo light eye brows, Meshed and modified grill, Front towing eye removed and replaced with Vectra screw in/out towing eye, Front and rear arch modifications Vectra rear door handles, delocked, Storm single wiper conversion with Kingdom cover, Bonrath bonnet lifters, Lockwood sill protectors,
All finished in GM 140 Smoke grey with a blue mica lacquer flip.

INTERIOR: -

Mk 2 dash and interior conversion, Astra GTE LCD Clocks, carbon/silver detailing, Aluminium gear knob and hand brake cover, Blue gaiters, Sparco pedals, Corsa wiper stalks, Chequer Plate flooring, ?Cobra? Daytona front seats with rear seats covered to match (Blue/Grey), ?Luke? 3 point harnesses, Cobra cloth retrim front door swabs and rear quarters, Blue cloth trim
covering all boot plastics, parcel shelf and install, Mono steering wheel, Neon Lighting and Carbon fire extinguisher

ICE/SECURITY

Currently being installed.

I'll be getting alex to sign up here and join in with everyone. And you'll see this fantastic Nova at the majority of the summer shows!

Keith

Jim
21-02-04, 12:43 AM
Very nice car. Engine bay looks amazing :) Tell him well done :)

Jim

novax
21-02-04, 12:56 AM
Very well done. AND I know just how much hard work it is as well, LOL.

SKoob
21-02-04, 01:06 AM
:o looks awesome tbh not keen on the front bumper but each to their own, and I really wish my engine bay was as clean as that :(

Breeny
21-02-04, 01:17 AM
Bumpers and mirrors are orrible imo... not to my taste. Does look very clean though!

?Marty?
21-02-04, 01:21 AM
just as everyone has things they qould do different/that aren't to their liking i do too, but really nice overall. Especially on the engine/bay.

AnThoNYnOvA
21-02-04, 01:25 AM
does the redbull can in the car giv it wings?

Anton
21-02-04, 01:38 AM
amazing. love it

Mark
21-02-04, 06:50 AM
Nice tight fit!

Like it.

epo
21-02-04, 08:16 AM
looks well nice :!:

Dare-devil
21-02-04, 08:56 AM
AWESOME. :twisted: :twisted: Love the engine bay.

peester
21-02-04, 09:05 AM
that engine..... :o very very clean. good job.

-Bruce-
21-02-04, 09:17 AM
that engine bay is great!! :o :o

Damogolfgti
21-02-04, 09:33 AM
looks wicked :twisted:

Adam
21-02-04, 12:17 PM
Looks wicked, there is nothing i don't like. And the engine bay looks absolutely mint.
If i was to change one thing it would be the colour to something that stands out a bit more.

Rick Draper
21-02-04, 01:41 PM
He might want to fit some 250lb+ springs on the front as 200lb are a tad to soft and he will probably have problems with the front wheels catching the arches.

Paint work is mint on it.

Rick

krobinson
21-02-04, 04:46 PM
He may switch back to speedlines, he's unsure yet. He also may go back to STD Mirrors! Its all a bit experimental at the moment!

Keith

seanp1
21-02-04, 04:58 PM
that engine bay looks well clean and so does the body but dont realy like the front bumper.
mint car though.

scott.parker
21-02-04, 06:11 PM
:o im totaly loving that engine bay,it's amazing...and the body works really good,lovely color,spot on paint job..really nice keep us updated.
scott :)

Neil.
21-02-04, 06:11 PM
that car looks great, alots changed since i saw it at first MK meet then the second one.

Looks spot on, love it all aprat from mirrors, too max poo'er.

Why hasn't alex post these on tho?

krobinson
21-02-04, 06:16 PM
that car looks great, alots changed since i saw it at first MK meet then the second one.

MK meet? i dont think he's attended any of these, as he's from Northern Ireland, just lives down the road from me infact! Maybe he did tho?

I posted the pics as he hasnt a digital camera, and is still learning how to get to grips with the internet!

Keith

Jim
21-02-04, 06:45 PM

MK meet? i dont think he's attended any of these, as he's from Northern Ireland, just lives down the road from me infact!

Thats what I thought Keith, think Neils getting confused, lol.

Jim

Alex Mac
21-02-04, 06:46 PM
Hi Alex Mac here

Cheers for all your great comments

I would say one thing about the front bumper , as some have said
each to there own, but the car won 'Car of the show' at Trax99 PNG with the same bumper setup

As Keith said I am just getting into the internet ways at the min., so bare with me :?

I maybe changing a few things i.e rims and mirrors etc, but I am still not sure

The car will hopefully be finished by mid March

Keith or myself will keep you all up to date on progress and update the pics accordingly

Thanks again

Alex Mac :D

RJM25R
21-02-04, 06:49 PM
Ahhh, TRAX CAR OF THE YEAR PNG...

This explains something from a previous post....

Engine bay is absolutely fantastic, the rest of it is not to my personal taste but each to their own!!

Neil.
21-02-04, 06:50 PM
im thinking of the wrong alex, the alex im thinkin of has same colour car, dodgy rear arches he did himself and knows andy.

Oh well, still nice car, nice Filter king aswell alex, got one fo these myself, gone to a good home now tho.

Will
21-02-04, 10:22 PM
im thinking of the wrong alex, the alex im thinkin of has same colour car, dodgy rear arches he did himself and knows andy.

Oh well, still nice car, nice Filter king aswell alex, got one fo these myself, gone to a good home now tho.

dodgy rear arches........... have u seen your red engine bay and tailgate?............. no offence :lol: :lol: :lol:

dave.gsi
21-02-04, 10:48 PM
lol :lol:

Neil.
22-02-04, 02:28 AM
was i talking to u spaz?

Will
22-02-04, 09:52 AM
was i talking to u spaz?

not sure, if you spoke in english then perhaps we could discuss this matter as a pair of respectable gentlemen :lol:

Mark
22-02-04, 11:33 AM
respectable gentlemen :lol:

Oh dear, that rules out YOU, ME and half of the Novaload members! :lol:

Jules
22-02-04, 12:00 PM
**WARNING WARNING**

POST HIJACKING IN PROGRESS!!!

krobinson
22-02-04, 12:29 PM
By the same tool's that hi-jack every post :lol:

dan_mk1
22-02-04, 12:34 PM
*cough neil again cough*

that engine bay looks awsome mate, absolutely spotless, not sure on the front bumper but each to their own!

Barn
22-02-04, 12:43 PM
*cough neil again cough*
id say it was Will that started all the bullsh*t...winding Neil up.

anyway back to topic...

keith ur mates car is impressive. spec is awesome. i think the bumper looks ok actually but also think it would look better with Mk 2 headlights and wings (with the same bumper). aint seen them Kahns for ages, well thats what it seems like, especially on a Nova... i would keep them on mate instead of opting for the speedlines. cant really add much to what others have said...fcukin paintwork is mint too.

btw what does 'fully blueprinted' mean with regards to his engine?

all the best

Barney

NovaNeil
22-02-04, 06:35 PM
I think its looks Ace! I look forward to seeing it at the shows mate. Well done

C-S_Cormac
22-02-04, 07:03 PM
Last time i saw this nova was bout 4 years ago and looked pritty well but this is sum transition!! Well done alex for putting the work in you'll have to bring her along to one of my C-S's RR days to see wats figures the engines putting out!! Whle cars looks very impressive!

Cormac

Neil.
23-02-04, 02:47 AM
*cough neil again cough*
id say it was Will that started all the bullsh*t...winding Neil up.

thanks at least soneone realises it the other idiots on here that start it.

alex, i so hope that wen i get my engine bay sorted and my shiney bits done that it'll look as awsome as this does,
How long have you had the car and how much u spent in a very rough price so far?

Alex Mac
23-02-04, 12:45 PM
alex, i so hope that wen i get my engine bay sorted and my shiney bits done that it'll look as awsome as this does,
How long have you had the car and how much u spent in a very rough price so far?[/quote]

I have had the car for about 8 Years now, five of which I drove it every day to work, So I was abit annoyed that the car was go down hill a bit so I took it off the road Nov 2000 stored it for a year a did another bare shell strip down and I stress another bare shell strip down as I had all ready done do it in 98

You asked about the money spent, I have a scrap book at the house with all the receipts for the car since 95 and they tot up to approx ?25k half of which was spent over the past two years, crazy I would never do it again, I am only 27 and i'm grey already, Well I say that until next time

Cheers Alex

andyrs1800
23-02-04, 07:16 PM
Nice... Take it that will be havin a feature soon...

Where can i get that yellow badge from and how much? i want 1 or 2 for my grey corsa gsi when i get it,

scott.parker
23-02-04, 08:14 PM
these guys do them i think,well have a look on here,but i would buy them when next down the pod,cus there cheeper then mate..i think there of the vectra spots?

scott :D

www.leicestermotorfactors.co.uk