PDA

View Full Version : FUKIN FUEL GAGE!

scott.parker
17-02-04, 07:20 PM
My fuel gage is really anoying,every time im about just under halth a tank it will drop and rise at it's own will...this is pissing me off cus i never know how much is in the tank!
I ran out of petrol a few weeks back due to it!!
if it's a common fault? if so can some one tell me how to fix please...
thanks scott :)

Ben3042
17-02-04, 08:03 PM
Sounds like the sender unit in the tank maybe fucked

scott.parker
17-02-04, 08:05 PM
well this is a posble reson,but it is ok when above halth,and my mate has told me his dose it but not as bad as mine...so any idea of how to sort it mate?

Jim
17-02-04, 09:53 PM
I think most Nova fuel tanks are like this. Because the sender recieves a signal which is basically done by using a kind of bouy "like a toilet system" when you go round a sharp corner, the petrol will sway from side to side. This can affect the bouy and in turn the reading to your gauge. Not sure what can be done to solve this problem, just make sure you fill up when it gets to a 1/4 of a tank. Didn't the light come on to say it was empty? When the light comes on you should really fill up ASAP as all the c**p at the bottom of your tank will get sent into your engine :(

Jim

scott.parker
17-02-04, 10:04 PM
no mate thats the thing,the warning light works(when you turn the key the light comes on) so i thought the same as anyone...there must be fuel in there and didnt fill up when it moved up,down,up,down you know...so i just drove on then it ran out affter i booted it up a hill,was not nice! i was worryed about the fuel fillter cloging and shite getting in my injectors.
Nothing was wrong once i put the petrol back in it's been fine since,running wise but the gage still goes up nad down loads...
Well i must say this never happend in my fiesta... :lol:

DUNOVA.
17-02-04, 11:50 PM
It is a common fault mate both my nova's and four of me mate's do the same get used to it after a while :o

scott.parker
18-02-04, 12:10 AM
i wonder if there is a way of putting a new flot/sender from another car like a newer car (calibra corsa) ect ect..is this aposability?
Anyone with info please.. :?

Nath
18-02-04, 09:24 AM
mine does it when i get to quater of a tank. it stays there and then suddenly drops to empty. just a common fault.

Ste_Nova
18-02-04, 10:26 AM
crap in the tank thing is a load of bollocks

chappers1.3
18-02-04, 12:09 PM
dont know how t fix it but my guage works, just the light is a pain, comes on all the time then randomly goes off when i get close to an empty tank? think some1 fitted it backwards?!?!

chaps

matty172
18-02-04, 12:37 PM
cut the shit and get a digi dash. accurate to fcuk. ya gonna waste enough money runnin out of petrol aint ya. can pick em up for about 20 from ya local breakers. makes sense dont it. fittin a new sender unit n all that? too much hassle. that will be fine. nova dials r just shit

scott.parker
18-02-04, 09:16 PM
fair comment mate but im not into the astra digi dash,think it looks to 80's
(TIME FOR TURBO BOOST MICHEAL)
Like on the night rider car :lol:

scott.parker
18-02-04, 09:19 PM
Oh and i have just orderd some plazma dials to go in..
Well i see what my mate can do for me,he might be able to sort it..

Alex
18-02-04, 11:58 PM
play around with the wires going to the sender, this sorted my fuel reading problem out straight away

scott.parker
19-02-04, 12:01 AM
well not being funny mate,but what the hell do you mean play about with the wires! dose not sound like a good idea less i know what im doing.. :)

2litreturbo
19-02-04, 12:10 AM
where you getting the plasma dials from?

Alex
19-02-04, 12:16 AM
well not being funny mate,but what the hell do you mean play about with the wires! dose not sound like a good idea less i know what im doing.. :)
well for starters, check they havent come loose or are not shorting anywhere.

scott.parker
19-02-04, 12:38 AM
PLAZMA DIALS....
?70
www.autotintdesign.com

i think there smart as.. :D

scott.parker
19-02-04, 12:45 AM
Alex[/quote]
well for starters, check they havent come loose or are not shorting anywhere.[/quote]

ok mate will look this weekend,cheers. scott :)