PDA

View Full Version : new or mint shell any ideas

Cheeze
17-02-04, 02:03 PM
any idea where i can get a new shell from or a totally mint one? doors and that would be an advantage. let me know plz

Nick
17-02-04, 02:44 PM
I Don't know where you can buy a whole new shell, dont think it's possible ??? i mite be wrong

I came across a website a while ago that sold new panels for Nova's, allmost every body part or panel was available.

You could have my Nova for the right price, Absolutly mint condition, J reg mk2. there is 1 bit of rust on the whole thing, that's on the bottom dorner of the rear wheel arch on one side. Many ppl hav sed it's structurally the best condition nova they've come across. Not the nicest lookin yet tho...

Will
17-02-04, 02:49 PM
you can phsically build a new shell up providing the main parts in in order e.g. roof skin and ajoining sections to hold the shell in place.

new slam panels, new innner arches outter arches, doors, tailgate bonnet bumpers etc can all be brought new this isnt a cheap exercise tho, talk to the likes of karl rowntree and rick they have done this and produced mint examples!

p.s. the other option is to look for a mint one, ian picked up his spin and that was so clean i dont think there was a spot on it was there ste?

will

Barn
17-02-04, 03:36 PM
new slam panels, new innner arches outter arches, doors, tailgate bonnet bumpers etc can all be brought new this isnt a cheap exercise tho, talk to the likes of karl rowntree and rick they have done this and produced mint examples!
where can you get new slam panels and new inner arches Will? vauxhall dealership?
new doors are around ?250 each aren't they?! :o

p.s just thinking out loud

Jack
17-02-04, 03:48 PM
new parts from vauxhall if you've got a few hundred to burn, or a cheaper alternative would be places like sel imperial

Ste_Nova
17-02-04, 06:22 PM
yeh ians is mint

karl Rowntree
17-02-04, 10:42 PM
It is possible to replace most of the shell with new parts, although as will said its expensive. I got most of my parts from vauxhall and recently andy bishop has, i cant remember how much it all cost though andy will be able to tell you. Its not cheap though mate.

I personally would try looking for a mint shell, though its getting hard to find them to be honest. All depends on what you are willing to spend

Nick
19-02-04, 09:32 PM
I have my mint nova that i'd be wiling to sell for the right price

It's got 1 spot of rust on it, on the bit of the door sill where the rear section of gsi skirts clip on, but this is very small rust spot and i'l treat it soon. It's in immaculate condition, underneath it looks like a new car. Lots of people have sed it's the best condition nova they've seen.

1992 J reg LUXE 1.2
Astra GSi disks
Brand new Smooth Tailgate done today
195/45/5 4 new tryes on Fox Racingg fives.
Lowered 40mm all round
Rolled Rear Arches
Meshed Grill
Gsi Sideskirts
Kenwood head unit, Sony Xplod 13cm 200w in each door. Sony xplod 6x9's 300w in parcel shelf

someone's offered 1300 for the car so far. but i reckon it'l go for more than that

brian
19-02-04, 10:39 PM
if yer really serious you could get one from south Ireland. here we never have salt used on our roads. I have used many immaculate 1L or 1.2L cars for their shells when rebuilding GSi's etc. Don't bother using a SR/GTE/GSi etc as a base as nearly all are nearly all showing battle scars at this stage!!

Ben
19-02-04, 11:26 PM
I have my mint nova that i'd be wiling to sell for the right price

It's got 1 spot of rust on it,

Itrs not Mint, ones the barrier has been broken its only a matter of time before its gone, i would rip there hand off @ ?1300 for it.