PDA

View Full Version : Gte 1.6 Power boost valve

spank75
17-02-04, 01:46 PM
Is there an easy way to fit the return to tank pipe without taking the injector rail and all that rubbish off. Problem being it is a hard pipe all the way down in to the depths between the inlet man. My friend suggested cutting in to the return on the throttle body

cheers :roll:

stugsi
20-02-04, 06:55 PM
its impossiable to change on the car as you can't undo the bolts on the rear of the rail.

i fitted on to mine not long back its best just to take the loom out the way undo the to bolts holding the rail and gently prise it out.

lift the railand the rubber pipes should just come through manifold undo them change the rail housing for your new one don't worry bout the holes not in line as you won't need the return hole as it comes off the boost valve

put it back together and bolt your boost valve on the bulk head

it will just need to be set up right then.

spank75
20-02-04, 07:01 PM
Cheers as I suspected!

Is it worth doing performance wize?

Bit of a stupid question as i'm gonna do it anyway and i've already bought it!

spank75
20-02-04, 07:09 PM
Oh yeah just one more question does it matter what way round the adapter goes?

stugsi
21-02-04, 05:23 PM
not sure i had mine facing towards the gearbox the pipe is long enough to go to the bulk and the rubber pipe will reach the return pipe

perfomance wise it does what it said bout better throttle respone but you get used to it to quick and all you will notice is your petrol going down a bit quicker